How long does it take until you receive your master mason certificate?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by livelolight, Feb 15, 2017.

1. livelolight

livelolight Registered User

How long does it take until you receive your master mason certificate?

Sent from my SM-G935F using My Freemasonry mobile app

2. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

If you are referring to MMC being "Master Mason Title", then in some jurisdictions, 1 day.

3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

And if you mean a physical piece of paper, you'll have to check with your lodge or grand lodge. Not everyone gives out a paper certificate.

4. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

We receive ours the day we are raised.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

5. MWS

MWS Registered User

Up here, about 18 months from petitioning to MM degree, depending on how focused you are with the work and how busy the Lodge is.
    Actual GL certificate? About 3-4 months after then.

6. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

In PA we do not get any type of certificate. It took about 6 weeks for me to get my dues card, mostly due to my raising taking place a month before a new year, so there was no point in issuing a dues card that would expire in a month.

7. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I note you are from UGLE... here (UGLV) it can take years because it relys on Secs, some of whom are not very organised.... it really is only of use if you travel for us, but it is a good memento to have. I got mine when raised, but few are so lucky.. our record is 4 years.

I suggest you ask your Lodge Secretary about this...

8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Same here. I did get a proficiency certificate upon giving my MM proficiency.

9. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

If your Sec is organised your GLC can be with you by your next meeting. I was raised in September and received my certificate in October.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

10. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

IF you have been Initited into a Lodge this is a question for your Proposer or the Lodge Secretary. There is no set timetable.

Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry