My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I rise to introduce the new visiting Brother

Mark N9WYS

Greetings Brothers!

I am Mark Tomany, from Matteson Lodge #175, Joliet, IL. I was raised in 2010 and, since then, have jumped into Masonry with both feet, so to say... I am a member of three Blue lodges, the Scottish Rite Valley of Chicago, the Joliet York Rite Bodies, Medinah Temple (Chicago) and the Joliet Shrine Club, Aliabad Grotto, and Illuminati Council #495 of the Allied Masonic Degrees. I am also one of the advisors for the Swordsmen Chapter of the Order of DeMolay.

I am "in the line" for all of the Blue lodges (currently SS at Matteson, JD at Landmark and JD at LaMoille-Calumet); I am the Scribe / Princple Conductor of the Work / Captain General in the Joliet York Rite Bodies; and President-elect of the Joliet Shrine Club. I am married (38 years) with three adult children. I retired from the Illinois State Police in 2010 after a total of 34 years in law enforcement.

My hobbies (outside of Masonry) are Amateur Radio - I am an Extra Class licensee, and Private Pilot. In my free time (what little I have left) I enjoy driving and working on my '74 Chevy Corvette.

I'm always seeking more light in Masonry, and this is an excellent opportunity for me to pursue that. I hope to make many friends here and, when time comes that I travel to Texas (or wherever you may be), I hope to make your acquaintance in person and sit in lodge with you.

Fraternally,
Mark

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
Holy Cow! Don't get burned out, I am worried about it, and I am only in the line up in four organizations, and 3 of them are low maintenance!

Bless you brother, for all you do!

S&F,
-Bro Vick

Mark N9WYS

Thanks for the warm welcomes, Brothers! As far as time goes for all of this: I am now retired, and one of the blue lodges is a daylight lodge. I agree, it is a lot, but so far I'm able to manage it. I've been getting the "full court press" from other groups to join as well, but I have learned one word frequently missing in masonic vocabulary - "NO". hehehehe But in my travels, I have met a lot of interesting Brethren and this is one of the things that Masonry is about, yes?

Next time I travel through Texas, I'll try to look a few of you up! I like going across old Rte 66, so Amarillo is an area I am somewhat familiar with. My wife is a Cowboys fan, so we may make the Dallas area a destination as well.

Fraternal regards to all!

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Mark N9WYS said:
Thanks for the warm welcomes, Brothers! As far as time goes for all of this: I am now retired, and one of the blue lodges is a daylight lodge. I agree, it is a lot, but so far I'm able to manage it. I've been getting the "full court press" from other groups to join as well, but I have learned one word frequently missing in masonic vocabulary - "NO". hehehehe But in my travels, I have met a lot of interesting Brethren and this is one of the things that Masonry is about, yes?

Next time I travel through Texas, I'll try to look a few of you up! I like going across old Rte 66, so Amarillo is an area I am somewhat familiar with. My wife is a Cowboys fan, so we may make the Dallas area a destination as well.

Fraternal regards to all!

Welcome brother mark, there is a amateur radio group on these forums that you may want to join.

Sent from my iPad