My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to join

dfreybur

Premium Member
In general Masonry is banned in Muslim majority countries. On the continent your nearest exceptions are Morocco and Egypt. Across the med your nearest options are Malta, Italy and Greece. Probably better to live our principles without membership and help reverse the ban by internal efforts.

Yacine

In general Masonry is banned in Muslim majority countries. On the continent your nearest exceptions are Morocco and Egypt. Across the med your nearest options are Malta, Italy and Greece. Probably better to live our principles without membership and help reverse the ban by internal efforts.
I hear there are freemasons here in algeria, how can I reach them, or anyone reach me.

Elexir

I hear there are freemasons here in algeria, how can I reach them, or anyone reach me.

Freemasonry is prohibited in Algeria wich means that there are no real Freemasons there and it might infact be Dangerous for you to go around looking for lodges there.

Yacine

Freemasonry is prohibited in Algeria wich means that there are no real Freemasons there and it might infact be Dangerous for you to go around looking for lodges there.
what about rotary, and lions clubs, aren't their members masons.

Elexir

They can be but they dont have to be as masonic membership is not required to join any of them.

Yacine

They can be but they dont have to be as masonic membership is not required to join any of them.
how do i get departed from my country to join, without anyone knowing, as i would like to serve the brotherhood, but not here in my country. you know freemasonery is very powerful, and realize anything in any country.

Elexir

how do i get departed from my country to join, without anyone knowing, as i would like to serve the brotherhood, but not here in my country. you know freemasonery is very powerful, and realize anything in any country.

Sorry but no.
You have the wrong idea.
You will not be rich or powerfull, all you will get is lessons in how to be a better man, nothing more and nothing less.
We dont get any special treatment in our countries just becuse we are Freemasons and we dont rule the world.

Yacine

i know it's the opposite, but it's okay to hide, i am serious about my proposition, and all i aim for is to be a better man.

Elexir

i know it's the opposite, but it's okay to hide, i am serious about my proposition, and all i aim for is to be a better man.

Ok, then I was misstaken in your seriousness.
Actuly I dont hide and neither does masonry in the countries where we exist, infact in most cases we display symbols on the buildings we meet in, have homepages and carry masonic symbols on ourself.
As said, there is no masonry in Algeria or in most muslim countries so. If you are serious about joining and leave your country here is a list http://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges where lodges are displayed by country.

Yacine

Actuly I dont hide and neither does masonry in the countries where we exist, infact in most cases we display symbols on the buildings we meet in, have homepages and carry masonic symbols on ourself.
As said, there is no masonry in Algeria or in most muslim countries so. If you are serious about joining and leave your country here is a list http://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges where lodges are displayed by country.
I mean no disrespect for what i said about hiding, i know there are too many signs on buildings here in algeria, about leaving the country, i tried to contact other lodges but with no reply.

Yacine

I tried to contact them, they only accept membership from within the country.

Elexir

I mean no disrespect for what i said about hiding, i know there are too many signs on buildings here in algeria, about leaving the country, i tried to contact other lodges but with no reply.

I belive those buildnings are remains from a time when masonry was allowed in Algeria.

Yes and like I said thats why you have to move to join.

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member
what about rotary, and lions clubs, aren't their members masons.

No. Those are service organizations with good members, but they have nothing to do with Masonry. If you wish to become a Rotarian or Lion those are laudable undertakings.

but it's okay to hide

We teach that our Brothers be loyal citizens who cheerfully obey the just laws of their country. Going into hiding because the laws changed is a very different situation than becoming a member of a banned order once the law is already in place. No, it is not okay to hide in your current status. That's not being a loyal citizen. Please be a loyal citizen active in civic duties.

That's correct. In your situation you would need to emigrate to a country where Masonry is legal. This is why earlier I recommended -

"Probably better to live our principles without membership and help reverse the ban by internal efforts."

To this I add that you should only push for legal changes to the extent you do not place yourself in danger. Be an evolutionary not a revolutionary, if the word "evolutionary" makes sense in the context of politics.