My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iraq War Research Papers

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
So, can anyone tell me where I can find some after action reports, research papers, or papers done about specific parts or units during Operation Iraqi Freedom? I am trying to find some stuff to read on a certain few units (nothing high speed and classified) and certain operations. A buddy told me that after each unit deploys, there is usually someone that does write about the entire deployment of the unit, so that would be something very interesting because I'm looking for a few different units on a few different deployments.

So far, the only real place outlet of research papers I have come up with is the Center of Military History website. I believe that it is put out by the Army. There are a lot of good titles, but only a few from the OIF/OEF era. One or two that go in depth on a specific unit, and none for the units that I am seeking out. Seems there is alot of stuff on Vietnam and WWII, though. I don't really think the reason I'm not finding anything is because there hasn't been enough time, but who knows.

Any ideas of where to look would be much greatly appreciated. If it would help, I am looking for Active Duty Army units during from OIF through Operation New Dawn. Can be about the unit or about particular operations containing various units.

Thanks.

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
Did you check Army Lessons Learned Center? They are to document everything a unit does during deployment, and of course lessons learned. You could FOIA them, with the time frame and the units you are looking for, I would also check papers from the Army War College, that can be a good start as well.

S&F,
-Bro Vick