My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Irregular" lodges

zouzoum

First I am joining a regular lodge but some of my friends are in many irregular lodges and not recognised by UGLE .
I have two questions :
1) what is the difference on the individual impact or learnings of a person if he is at an irregular lodge who is teaching right and at a regular lodge ?
2) discussing sensitive issues with my friends from these irregular lodges is it breaking the oath ?
Thanks

My Freemasonry HD

crono782

Premium Member
1 - sometime a lot of difference, sometimes none at all. I'm sure it varies across the spectrum.

2 - yes it is. At least in most all jurisdictions. Well depends on what you define as "sensitive issues".

My Freemasonry HD

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
First I am joining a regular lodge but some of my friends are in many irregular lodges and not recognised by UGLE .
I have two questions :
1) what is the difference on the individual impact or learnings of a person if he is at an irregular lodge who is teaching right and at a regular lodge ?
2) discussing sensitive issues with my friends from these irregular lodges is it breaking the oath ?
Thanks

My Freemasonry HD

With trying to answer question 2. You cannot talk to them about masonry anymore than you could talk to your neighbor about masonry (if he is not a mason.)

Treat them as a friend but they are not a Brother.

bupton52

Premium Member
I have two questions :
Thanks

My Freemasonry HD

In addition to this, you will not be able to ever sit in a lodge with members of a regular masonic body or talk masonically with them. It would oit you out there on an island by yourself IMO

My Freemasonry HD