Is hazing allowed in DeMolay initiation rites?

Discussion in 'DeMolay' started by Shadow Puppet, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Absolutely!!!!

2. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

That could explain the hazing if it isn't a part of Demolay Intl.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  3. Shadow Puppet

Shadow Puppet Registered User

Wow, this comes as a shock to me. So a Demolay chapter can exist within a lodge without being under the international council?

4. MRichard

I have no idea. There is no a chapter listed in the Philippines under their chapter locator. What Grand Lodge is the lodge operating under?

5. Shadow Puppet

Shadow Puppet Registered User

6. MRichard

Not really familiar with the Demolays but the Grand Lodge of the Philippines is recognized by the UGLE so they are legit. Possibly Demolay Intl has not updated their website or maybe they got in trouble because of hazing. I have no idea.

Shadow Puppet likes this.
  7. Travelingman45

Travelingman45 Registered User

Freemasonry is a peacful,gentle fraternity of good men made better. To hear of Demolay or even masonic lodges behaving like this is an outrage.

Travelingman45
    Queensboro 892

Bloke likes this.
  8. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Hazing is not allowed in any Fraternal or Sorority Organization...

dfreybur likes this.
  9. stepmdbc

stepmdbc Registered User

Hello Brother,

Fellow demolay here. The reason why you can't find any Filipino chapters on the demolay.org website is because the Philippines is no longer under the jurisdiction of the International Supreme Council of the Order of DeMolay (ISC). With the permission of the ISC, the Philippines' created it's own supreme council in the 80's. All Philippine demolay chapters are under the jurisdiction of the Supreme Council of the Order of DeMolay in the Republic of the Philippines.

I was initiated in the Philippines when I was 14, the following year I moved to Texas and applied for dual memberships in several chapters. I was active while I was in it. Having experienced both DeMolay cultures I can tell you this, it's really different. In the US I felt like DeMolay was more of an after school program while in the Philippines it felt more like a college fraternity. I had fun in both settings. Made lifelong friends that I still keep up with to this day.

Ripcord22A, Bloke and dfreybur like this.

Share My Freemasonry