Is it possible that there really is a Lost Word?

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by Pointwithinacircle3, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Very interesting!

2. Bevan Jones

Bevan Jones Registered User

Indeed, I think all too often we are searching for an immediate literal and tangible answer, for someone to just give it all to us. In our greed for instant material and intellectual satisfaction, we forget that the process, the journey itself, is the key part of the answer. We assume that many of our so called leaders have all the answers. Yet, how can they when Masonry is such a personal journey. It would be boring if there was the same answer for everyone's quest.

jermy Bell likes this.
  3. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

I've not so generous with the leeway of answers or the character of our leaders. I found far too many leaders had either no answer or an answer that was clearly specious. Many have yet to lift a working tool and, far worse, cultivate mastery.

Masonry is indeed a personal journey, however, when the journey entails the same cultivation Work, the ends are predictable and the answers merge.

4. Lightlife

Lightlife Site Benefactor Premium Member

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

hanzosbm likes this.
  5. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

Lightlife,

Thank you for posting this. As small of a thing as it might seem, it really got me thinking. When reading John 1:1, it's important to understand the word Logos. Using that same definition I feel really changes how one looks at the legend of the 3rd degree. I plan to write and present a paper on it to my lodge.
    Thank you for providing the impetus for that.

Lightlife and coachn like this.
  6. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

I only know of one true (literal) lost word, and it's not that the word was lost... only that we have lost the ability to speak it (lost language).

Lightlife likes this.
  7. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

>it's important to understand the word Logos.

There may be some value in understanding the nature of the Solar Logos and the Planetary Logos

8. Pointwithinacircle3

Pointwithinacircle3 Registered User

Words are symbols which point toward concepts. Even if the exact verbal sound is lost surely the concept to which it points still exists.

coachn likes this.
  9. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Depends on if we still understand the context from wich it originated.

coachn likes this.
  10. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

If we are determined that there is a particular lost word that is possible for modern humans, then we can use a computer audio system to generate the full set of sound combinations and when the right combination is found something will happen that we may or may not regret.

Of course there may be other preconditions such as intent.

Or may be we are just wrong in our interpretation. Better perhaps to consider the note sequence in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Here are some parts of the movie

This note sequence is derived from one used to awaken Earth humans as a species.

Share My Freemasonry