My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any way that a Muslim brother could become a 360 degree mason?

CDB123

Re: Is there any way that a Muslim brother could b

Could you please provide the cite for Ill:.S:.G:.C:.Pike writing that there are 360 degrees in Masonry and he didn't include the rest because they are repetitive. I also believe the Memphis Rite ends at less than 100 degrees (which I believe he accepted Memphis Rite as a legit body *during his time*, but I am remiss to provide a source for that statement...though I also believe he was in cordial correspondence with the then-Master of it...Yarker?).

I am hard-pressed to believe there are 360 degrees of all rites combined during his time. It is surely a reference that should be viewed without literal interpretation. As others have mentioned here, Scottish Rite incorporates several Rites...including Knights Templar and the Royal Arch. The Southern Jurisdiction used to actively confer the Cryptic Degrees of Freemasonry before S:.G:.C:.Pike decreed that they not be conferred by S:.R:.Bodies and returned to their rightful place in the York Rite (see Lodge of the Double Headed Eagle by Ill:.Bro:.Fox where he discusses Pike's term in office).

I would like to say that I like the concept of 360° Mason, but would be hesitant to apply it to any Brother that is not as educated and well-versed as Ill:.Bros:.Hutchens, de Hoyos, and Morris. There are no doubt many more deserving that are not seen by Brothers on the national stage (Bob Davis & Jim Tresner, for example...but a poor example since they are also well-known). There are also many other writings beyond M&D, the degrees, etc., that Pike believed were required *UNDERSTANDING* before even being completely ***INITIATED*** into the Scottish Rite...which is saying a lot and likely the reason for the reprinting of Legendas and other documents that used to be required reading that were only provided once you demonstrated the mastery of the other writings.

So if you like that term, which I kind of do, you may consider not throwing it around so loosely.

Let me know the cite if you can recall it. I am curious to see its connection with Pike's concept of it. Thanks for sharing, by the way.

Peace

BryanMaloney

Premium Member

So, then, does this mean that one could be a 100grad mason or a 2π Mason, and if one is a 2π Mason, could one of those be pumpkin?

scialytic

Premium Member

So, then, does this mean that one could be a 100grad mason or a 2π Mason, and if one is a 2π Mason, could one of those be pumpkin?

Only if they are carved and a lit candle is shoved in it...but then it would be a 2π ÷ 7/8 × the speed of light-pumpkin Mason.

Last edited: