My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesus Who?

widows son

Premium Member
Sorry SeeKer, right over my head I guess. But wouldn't my comment fall under what you describe to be faith? Do you not count on Christ to return, without actually knowing it will happen? You put faith in that he will. Your car analogy is a good example, but faith is a broad definition. I guess I'm just trying to say that one need not look just to religion to have faith.
Bryan, I can really comment on other fraternities because I don't really know enough about them. I do know fraternities such as AMORC, Oddfellows, Lions Clubs etc, promote fraternity, character building, and community effort, which we do as masons, so in that sense id say there's an equal platform. I too believe that all religions share a common quality in terms of morals, traditions, and deity, among fraternal ties, character building, and community effort.

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
Sorry SeeKer, right over my head I guess. But wouldn't my comment fall under what you describe to be faith? Do you not count on Christ to return, without actually knowing it will happen? You put faith in that he will. Your car analogy is a good example, but faith is a broad definition. I guess I'm just trying to say that one need not look just to religion to have faith.

Actually, Brother, I would like for Christ to come and absolve me of my sins and all that, but do I count on it? I wouldn't hold my breath. Christ was a man, and his words have been interpreted and translated so many times that I personally do not know what will happen, what I do know is that I put my faith in the Father, the GAOTU and my respect to all of his children.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Actually, Brother, I would like for Christ to come and absolve me of my sins and all that, but do I count on it? I wouldn't hold my breath. Christ was a man, and his words have been interpreted and translated so many times that I personally do not know what will happen, what I do know is that I put my faith in the Father, the GAOTU and my respect to all of his children.

Christ is God and man, fully both. He is equally as much God as is the Father.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Bryan, I can really comment on other fraternities because I don't really know enough about them. I do know fraternities such as AMORC, Oddfellows, Lions Clubs etc, promote fraternity, character building, and community effort, which we do as masons, so in that sense id say there's an equal platform. I too believe that all religions share a common quality in terms of morals, traditions, and deity, among fraternal ties, character building, and community effort.

Do you consider them to be interchangeable, no difference worth caring about?

widows son

Premium Member
To a degree, yes. It is said that AMORC had a hand in freemasonry as we know it in the days of Ashmole and Bacon. Today they work in a lodge and practice what is known as the temple legend in their rituals, from what I've read anyway. The Oddfellows wear aprons, jewels and collars like us, use similar symbolism, and have a similar moral attitude towards life in general. Lions club I'm not sure how they do things, but I'm sure its noble work. I'd say the society closest to be interchangeable with freemasonry would be AMORC.