My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dfreybur

Premium Member
TI have left a message at the Lodge here in El Paso and I am waiting for a call back.

Never wait a second for a reply. With invitations you will die of old age before getting one. With phone or email messages plenty of lodges also have that same response time.

I would consider it rude just to show up.

Because we have no invitations, showing up is the one and only way to meet us.

Bloke

Premium Member
I did not mean in a monetary fashion, more like service to the lodge. For example, when I was studying to be a Master Mason I helped out in the kitchen and served meals to elderly brothers (or any brother who needed assistance) at the dinner before the meeting. I also helped with cleanup and preparation of meals and learned valuable skills....

What, I don't have to help in the kitchen or serve meals to elderly bros and those who need assistance before dinner and I don't have to clean up or prep meals anymore ? :p

hfmm97

Premium Member
What, I don't have to help in the kitchen or serve meals to elderly bros and those who need assistance before dinner and I don't have to clean up or prep meals anymore ? :p

:p Since due to my schedule I don’t get to lodge in time for meals (before meeting) I help brothers learn their work and tend to officer duties my brother and friend - let’s think in terms of the cabletow and division of labor. I never intended to imply that helping out with meals was strictly an EA or FC task

Have a nice evening in Oz-land ;)

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Rifleman1776

Thanks for the replays. I'm currently working to have the one I have removed. As my state does allow to have low risk, non violent felonies removed. I fall under that category. My past is an embarrassment to me. I think about it often. even though I'm not that way any more. It still bothers me. It will probably still bother me even after I have it removed. But thanks for comments.

Felony removed or not, not disclosing is less than honest and would very likely result in expulsion if later discovered. Be honest up front.