My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining The York Rite

BrotherCoffeen

I want to join as well but am just too busy right now and was just raised last week lol so I'm just going to soak everything in and focus on the blue lodge for bit until my life is not so busy. Congrats on your decision.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Congratulations! Soon you will be taking many more steps towards greater Light in Masonry, beginning where you left off in the Masters Degree.

You will certainly enjoy all of the degrees... Hopefully they will split everything over 2 weekends, it is a lot of information to try and get through in 1 day! Be sure to come back and tell us what you think of the degrees & orders.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Fellow Craft Degree

Without going into a great deal of debate as to different variations in ritual, there ARE clues contained within the Masters Degree. Simple verbage that can not be repeated here online. Yes, there is base beginning within the Fellowcraft Degree, but the YR degrees skip quite a bit around if you remember correctly.

Bottom line is this... The lessons taught to us within the Blue Lodge Degrees are York Rite (based), therefore the additonal degrees and orders are a continuation of the base Craft degrees that conclude with the MM degree.