My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jr Deacon

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
Any advice for a junior deacon was appointed the office shortly after being raised

dfreybur

Premium Member
Because you're inside the door you are the greeting committee. In the process you can get to know every member who attends regularly and to recognize a lot of members who attend occasionally.

jwardl

Begin learning the work of the SD...

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry
And the work of the JD. I've seen many who are confused about the precise wording of their communications with the Tiler. Whatever office one occupies, it's more dignified and speaks better of you when you know your parts.

You'll also participate in the welcoming of GL officials and the DDGM. It's good especially to know that part well.

Other than this, work closely with the SD. His chair is quite a responsibility, so if you aspire to go there next year, it'll pay to learn all you can in advance -- and not just esoterically.