My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just In....

owls84

Premium Member
I recieved this from Charlie Howard's office that is the Rep. for House Dist. 26. He recieved it courtesy of Congressman John Culberson.

Attached is information on the proposed federal health care bill, courtesy of Congressman John Culberson. I strongly oppose more government spending and even more government intrusion in the name of health care and encourage you to read the attached summary.

It remains my pleasure and honor to represent House District 26. My staff and I continue to welcome your input and your questions. You may contact me via email at http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/dist26/howard.php ; by phone at (512) 463-0710 or (281)

565-9500; or by mail at P. O. Box 2910, Austin, TX 78768.

May God bless you and our great state of Texas,

Charlie Howard
State Representative, District 26

Attachments

• National Health Care Plan.doc
    27 KB · Views: 252

HKTidwell

Premium Member
I truly believe that we need Health Care Reform but I believe you do this through a different process then Government intervention. I believe in a Capitalist approach of private competition, tort reform, Reduction in Government Bureaucracy which has bogged down the Medicare and Medicaid system.

Currently the Government is doing accreditation on Health Care equipment providers and this process is designed more to reduce the number of providers instead of insuring quality. The problem is that when you reduce the amount of people in the service industry you increase the cost.

For example lets say there is a company in Rockdale Texas which provides services to the individuals in that area. They are probably a small mom and pop type company the cost associated with the accreditation process will probably force them out of business. Now you will have companies from College Station, Austin, Temple, Georgetown supplying this area which increases the cost of services. While Medicaid and Medicare have set amounts which companies can charge so even though cost have gone up revenues have not. More companies fold, and less competition. Government then sees that people are not having supplies provided to them and now the government needs to step in and provide supplies. I'm not saying this is a factual story this is strictly the hypothetical way it is done. I only know of the accreditation process because I have a friend working for a local mom and pop company going through the process and the problems they have incurred and cost.

This is the logic that is applied in Washington never mind that it was their initial policies which caused the drop in services. Never mind the fact that they have caused businesses to go out of business, Government is the solution because they can do it better.

This flawed thought pattern is how government services expand and people who have never run a business or been in business see a need. The same flawed principles are in practice in many areas, Americans have to start seeing the bigger picture in my opinion.