My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just married and craving

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
by the way, im not allowed to any of them bc I am black. im not PHA either I am truly AF&AM.

Art. 383. (419). Visitors Excluded: When.
A visitor, who is not a member in good standing of a Lodge working under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Texas, may be excluded on the objection of a member of the Lodge at the discretion of the Worshipful Master. When three members make the objection, such visitor must be excluded.

Like objection may be made to a member of a Lodge working under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Texas only if such member is under charges preferred against him. (emphasis mine)

If you belong to a GLoT Lodge, you cannot legally be excluded from attending any other GLoT Lodge when at labor in your degree. What is the name & number of your parent Lodge?

Beathard

Premium Member
Under 383 you can't be excluded, but the WM can close the lodge and send everyone home if he wants to be an jerk.

Bill, is the exclusion of a mason in good standing cause a charter to be pulled or the WM to be banned or what?

Last edited:

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Bill, is the exclusion of a mason in good standing cause a charter to be pulled or the WM to be banned or what?

I would think the WM would be reprimanded, at the least. If there were multiple violations, I would expect the WM would be removed from his office. It would have to be egregious, continued misconduct for the Lodge to have its charter suspended, IMHO, but the Grand Master's mileage may vary.

BTW, this thread has become moot. I have learned that the author's Lodge is neither PHA nor GLoT. I advised him to contact the secretary of his Lodge in Dallas & see if there is a Lodge of his obedience in the Tyler area.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Please! No more.

:lol::lol:

Seriously. Not sure your state, but here in Texas there is a blue pamphlet given to MMs that list a bibliography that will carry you a very long way. I'm sure similar readings are available from all jurisdictions.

Good luck with all the various changes in your life. Be patient and thoughtful, everything will be yours.

dizlwizl

Premium Member
I will end this post 2 years after its creation. I was fooled into thinking that the "lodges" that I was apart of (first kings/Jeremiah grand lodge) were real. In my defense I can say that I didn't know that I was being played into being a piggy bank for these irregular lodges. I have since found my place among PHA and will begin my healing soon. I do apologize to the brethren that were trying to help me see the true light, but I was still hoodwinked by these other men into thinking that they were true brothers. I still have everything (apron, ritual and study information) and have been studying on my own for now. I now can calmly say that when my son is born, he can see that I belong to a true brotherhood.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
I have since found my place among PHA and will begin my healing soon.

Most excellent news! Masonry is the world's oldest and largest fraternity. Once healed and therefore not clandestine you will be able to attend lodge anywhere in the world. Anyone who has traveled for work can report how good it is to be among the brethren in a strange city. Anyone who has relocated can report how good it is to have friends in a place you are otherwise a stranger.

I do apologize to the brethren that were trying to help me see the true light

Any of us seeing a local lodge could have joined it without knowing. There is nothing to apologize for unless you did it knowingly. You were a deceived not a deceiver.