My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

K.O.P. question from a DeMolay

Purkaple

I'm currently a DeMolay, but am also interested in K.O.P. Is there a website? Is there a way to locate a group? Thanks!

EVG Yumul

Hi, Bro Purkaple. You can contact the PHA Grand Lodge of Missouri if they know of a Knights of Pythagoras Council near you. But since you're already of majority age, I don't think you can be a Knight anymore. Haha. Congratulations on your EA!

Bro EVG Yumul
Lodge University of Sydney No. 544
United Grand Lodge of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory

Order of the Knights of Pythagoras
John E. Peterson Council No. 5
Most Venerable Supreme Council of Washington

EVG Yumul

Very cool - Victoria is looking to start a University Lodge, others having handed in their warrant long ago.

How old is 544 ? ... but then looked it up http://www.lodgeunisyd.org/historyoflodgeuniversityofsydney and i see it was consecrated in 1924. Lodge of France looks particularly interesting...

Yes, Brother. We were consecrated in 1924, but we're still a lodge of young and young at heart blokes.
If you're ever in Sydney, we meet every the third Friday of the month but go dark on Dec and Jan.
We'll initiate a Professor and a Teacher in our next meeting in February.

Lodge France practices the Three Degrees in the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, opening and closing in Francais.
We'll have an exemplification of the 1st Degree in the AASR for our February meeting.
It will be attended by Scottish Rite bodies in Australia (Australian Constitution, Scottish Constitution, and the Rectified Scottish Rite).

Bloke

Premium Member
Yes, Brother. We were consecrated in 1924, but we're still a lodge of young and young at heart blokes.
If you're ever in Sydney, we meet every the third Friday of the month but go dark on Dec and Jan.
We'll initiate a Professor and a Teacher in our next meeting in February.

Lodge France practices the Three Degrees in the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, opening and closing in Francais.
We'll have an exemplification of the 1st Degree in the AASR for our February meeting.
It will be attended by Scottish Rite bodies in Australia (Australian Constitution, Scottish Constitution, and the Rectified Scottish Rite).
I'm actually going to be in Sydney for a wedding on Saturday 20 Jan... arriving on the Friday, but even if you were meeting, I am sure my partner would shoot me for suggesting I bugger off to lodge LOL... she's very patient and supportive... but has her limits.

We had a brother with us for about 5 months from Chile - his GL works the first 3 degrees under AASR,.... I thought it sounded so weird I thought I should let our GL check Amity out, but yes, we're in Amity... under the one GL they do 1-33 under the one AASR GL - quite interesting as until I'd met him, I'd never heard of that in regular Freemasonry. The big talk here is about getting some Irish and Scottish Lodges going - perhaps not just for exemplification, but actually working degrees.. not sure what will come of that, it's been kicked around for a while, but has some heavy hitters supporting it.

I'll remember your invitation - and I will PM you my details...