My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killeen TX OES

Betty Turner

Greetings,

I found this blog in my continuing search to get my degrees sent to my chapter from your jurisdiction. Can anyone please help?

Hippie1950

Greetings,

I found this blog in my continuing search to get my degrees sent to my chapter from your jurisdiction. Can anyone please help?
Betty, if you will send me a PM with the information you need, and who you were affiliated with, I will try to assist. I am in Copperas Cove.
Paul Munsel
Pierce Lodge 144
Golden Rule 361 PM

Betty Turner

Betty, if you will send me a PM with the information you need, and who you were affiliated with, I will try to assist. I am in Copperas Cove.
Paul Munsel
Pierce Lodge 144
Golden Rule 361 PM

Greetings, I don't have a premium account so I can't PM you. I am in need of my birth certificate & degree work.

Betty Turner

I am wondering why it is so difficult to get someone to assist. There are 108 views to this thread. I'm guessing that more than two of those 108 can assist (may even be in one of the OES chapters in Killeen or Copperas Cove). It is sad that so many will just sit on the sidelines and not assist but claim to be in the light.

Levelhead

Premium Member
You can also pick up a phone or send an email to whomever to get whatever you need!

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

Betty Turner

@Levelhead & @Zack in Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom are you offering something more useful than snarky responses? I'm not on this thread to whine and complain.

Actually as I mentioned, I have "picked up a phone" numerous times calling the TX Grand Lodge as well as the TX Grand Chapter. I called and spoke with people who say they can and will assist but no results. The same goes for sending emails. Lots of 'assistance' no results.

Levelhead

Premium Member
Well no one can get your own personal info but you.

Ive never heard of a legit member having problems getting info from a grand "chapter" they needed.

Also someone sent you an email address to send your info to saying he can help.

Betty Turner

@Levelhead not one time have I challenged you about if you are a legit member. My chapter affiliation is in my profile. No need to hit below the belt. Btw just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it is not possible. Keep traveling my brotha!

dfreybur

Premium Member
Actually as I mentioned, I have "picked up a phone" numerous times calling the TX Grand Lodge as well as the TX Grand Chapter. I called and spoke with people who say they can and will assist but no results. The same goes for sending emails. Lots of 'assistance' no results.

In my experience emails and phone calls often go not responded to. Nothing beats showing up at the door an hour before a scheduled meeting with your dues card or a blank petition in your hand. In person trumps all of the rest. You have the address and calendar of the chapter near Killeen?

Betty Turner

Thanks @dfreybur agreed. My dilemma is I no longer live in TX. I'm not interested in affiliating in TX jurisdiction, so that is the background for my situation.

dfreybur

Premium Member
According to your profile your home OES chapter is Ruth #2 in Raleigh, NC. Apparently you took an OES degree in Texas as a courtesy degree. That would have been reported Grand Chapter in Texas back to Grand Chapter in North Carolina and it would be in your member profile in the Grand Chapter of North Carolina.

Jurisdiction to jurisdiction correspondence is supposed to go in writing from your new Chapter to its Grand Chapter, Grand Chapter to Grand Chapter, Grand Chapter to your old Chapter. The rules say it goes that path. Often a lodge or Chapter will send you your own records directly for you to work around that path.

As you don't mention being a member in Texas they won't be willing to send you their records directly. They will have sent their records on the path Texas Grand Chapter, North Carolina Grand Chapter, your chapter Ruth #2.

The percolation of records Grand Chapter to Grand Chapter is very slow but it is the official path. Your path is to have your new/prospective chapter secretary ask IN WRITING to your new state's Grand Chapter asking North Carolina Grand Chapter for Ruth #2 to send their records. Then wait the frustrating year it takes.

Getting degrees in other jurisdictions comes with this sort of frustrating paperwork. You appear to be trying to work around the process because the process is so slow. The chapter to contact on the matter is your own Ruth #2 because they are the ones who should have the records you need.

Folks who travel constantly end up with this type of issue. It's why lodges and chapters have a minimum residency requirement to petition. The residency requirement is to get as many candidates as possible in a stable location to get through all of their degrees.

Betty Turner

I am not sure where it says I took a courtesy degree in TX jurisdiction?

Actually my home chapter is in LA. I was raised in Louisiana @Herione Chapter 71 (Leesville/Ft. Polk, LA) around 1990. I moved from LA to TX in 1992 as part of the BRAC move when I was in the Army. I did a demit at that time to Far West Chapter (PHA) in Killeen, TX. I have been told this chapter no longer exists in the TX jurisdiction? This is where my problem is. I have advised everyone I've spoken with of the same details I am sharing with you, so the details are clear and consistent.

I also contacted the WM at Herione Chapter 71. She stated she would get back to me, so that is the last word I got.

As for the secretary at the Grand Chapter here in NC, I was told to contact TX jurisdiction?

I won't say I'm trying to work around the process...I'm actually interested in contact information to pass on to my chapter to facilitate the process. My dilemma is getting assistance, I don't think the path I've traveled is that complex.

dfreybur

Premium Member
My sister,

You need records of your membership in a PHA TX OES chapter that no longer exists. No wonder you feel frustrated at every turn. you have fallen through the cracks and you feel like the crack you fell into has been paved over.

See http://nwcgrandchapter.org/

It lists all current Texas chapters and as you state yours in not in the list. You also like have already tried at least these phone numbers. As usual phone calls are for information, actual paper letters are for business.

P.O. BOX 202135
San Antonio, Texas 78220
Telephone number (210) 661-0283
Email – nwcgc@sbcglobal.net
Grand Worthy Matron Wolridge (281) 437-4795
Grand Worthy Patron Calloway (972) 223-0270
Tracy Gardner Grand Secretary

I don't see any applicable form that applies to report a current or lapsed membership.

Send a registered letter to the Gr Sec at the PO Box - Report that you were a member of the now defunct chapter and you are trying to bring your membership current to long enough to transfer to a chapter in your new state. You know that going current usually means two years back dues but you don't know who to pay so you have a check ready to go if only you knew who to make it out to. Is there an at-large status for members of defunct chapters to pay directly to the grand chapter so you can go current long enough to transfer to your new state? Or can you records please be transferred to an active chapter so you can pay them to go current long enough to transfer to your new state?

Levelhead

Premium Member
I am not sure where it says I took a courtesy degree in TX jurisdiction?

Actually my home chapter is in LA. I was raised in Louisiana @Herione Chapter 71 (Leesville/Ft. Polk, LA) around 1990. I moved from LA to TX in 1992 as part of the BRAC move when I was in the Army. I did a demit at that time to Far West Chapter (PHA) in Killeen, TX. I have been told this chapter no longer exists in the TX jurisdiction? This is where my problem is. I have advised everyone I've spoken with of the same details I am sharing with you, so the details are clear and consistent.

I also contacted the WM at Herione Chapter 71. She stated she would get back to me, so that is the last word I got.

As for the secretary at the Grand Chapter here in NC, I was told to contact TX jurisdiction?

I won't say I'm trying to work around the process...I'm actually interested in contact information to pass on to my chapter to facilitate the process. My dilemma is getting assistance, I don't think the path I've traveled is that complex.

"Raised" is the word used?

Theres no raised in the OES. Your just initiated, well in FL at least.

Last edited: