My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live NMJ, be a apart of SJ

NY.Light

Based on some limited topical research, I feel the SJ offers a more rounded-out and complete version of the SR degrees. One problem. I love in the NMJ. Would it be possible, after being raised, to petition the SJ and be accepted?

MaineMason

In the NMJ of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, I suspect we take the same approach to ritual as they do in the rest of the country (Southern Jurisdiction) with some small variances in "ritual". I'll take my NMJ dues card down to Washington, D.C., and I am rather sure that I would be let in in the Southern Jurisdiction Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite Temple.

By the way, one is "Raised" only to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason. SR in both jurisdictions in the US, that's different.

MaineMason
Massachusetts Consistory, 32nd Degree
Valley of Boston

dfreybur

Premium Member
You want a remote membership? I figure just like lodge, it's allowed but there is extra paperwork. The nearest valley might be expected to agree to a "waiver of jurisdiction" to allow you to go remote.

Why not petition locally, go through your local degrees, then visit remotely? Taste greats, less filling. I did that in the opposite direction. My mother valley is AASR-SJ Pasadena CA. When we lived in Chicago metro for a decade I visited the local NMJ valley no problem. The first time I visited a reunion they looked at my SJ passport and handed me a new NMJ passport for their version of the degrees.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
You want a remote membership? I figure just like lodge, it's allowed but there is extra paperwork. The nearest valley might be expected to agree to a "waiver of jurisdiction" to allow you to go remote.

Why not petition locally, go through your local degrees, then visit remotely? Taste greats, less filling. I did that in the opposite direction. My mother valley is AASR-SJ Pasadena CA. When we lived in Chicago metro for a decade I visited the local NMJ valley no problem. The first time I visited a reunion they looked at my SJ passport and handed me a new NMJ passport for their version of the degrees.
This sounds good to me! As my state is just below the Mason/Dixon line I could visit the AASR NMJ in three states easily.