My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge Helper App

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Haven't seen it before &, while I know of no specific law prohibiting its use, I think the GL would look askance @ using "the cloud" to store any information regarding our members. In addition, as the GL Secretary's Database does, for free, almost everything the app does, I don't see any reason to use the app instead.

Illuminatio

Premium Member
Has anyone heard of the mobile app located at the link below? If so, is it any good and does it comply (or not) with the GLoT laws?

https://demo.lodgehelper.com/index4wm.php

Tnx
Plustax

Honestly, that website and the text on it looks like it was thrown together in about 10 minutes. This looks like a very clear attempt to get some money from some unsuspecting folks and I wouldn't trust anything about it. I mean, the copyright says "2020" on it...? There is nothing about this site that even appears reputable. If the people running this are legit, they need to try a lot harder to appear so. If they can't make themselves appear reputable or like they have any idea what they're doing, how can they help anyone else?

Just my 2 cents.

Illuminatio

Premium Member
the copyright is 2012

That's on the fake demo site. If you go to the main site where you'd supposedly sign up for all this, that's where it is.

2020.jpg

Bloke

Premium Member
Speaking of sites that look a bit strange...

Www . Mason33 . com

I don't want to give them a back link. I've noticed they are scraping my and others web sites (taking our pages and embedding them into theirs.) I've seen that a bit over the years, but I've started noticing them in Google searches more and more and they are beating the original sites in results.... what's bloody annoying is they're not getting all the data, so an important list of lodges I've got does not appear correctly on their site. It's a unique list of all Lodges which ever were under our GL and the only place it appears on the web.... they've corrupted it and still use our "branding" which damages it.... i've hit mason 33 a few times but going to check it out fully when I have the time... might get a Spanish speaking bro to contact them ...