My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge Microphones?

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
My lodge has three microphones set up in the East, West, and South. They are the handheld mics that have holders attached to the stations, and the receiver for that is over by the Secretary but is an old machine which hardly anyone really understands how to operate correctly without messing up other things lol. Generally, the hard at hearing guys end up missing a lot of the meeting because they can't hear anything cause everyone kinda just gives up messing with it.

My idea for a future "donation"/gift to my lodge was to update that system. As it stands now, it takes a lot of time to balance out the volume on a couple of the mics, but when you do, it throws off the other one.

Anyway, I have visited a few lodges that have had those wireless mics that the user wears. Has a box they clip on the belt and the actual mic is clipped on the shirt. Sort of like something you would see on reality shows or something.

Can anyone recommend a certain brand or model that their lodge has? Including the receiver or whatever else comes with the system. I looked briefly online and really only found the handheld mics, so if you have a source for them, i would appreciate that too.

Thanks, Brothers!

rpbrown

Premium Member
The wireless mic's are good but rather expensive for those that will last a while ($200.00-$500.00 each for good ones that will last). I donated a new sound board/amplifier and the lodge voted to pay to replace all of the mic's, wiring and speakers. We bought 4 condensing microphones (WM, SW, JW, & Alter) and just hung them down from the ceiling. The condesing mics will pick up sound within 10'. These 4 mics, 4 ceiling mounted speakers, and wire cost us $400.00. This left enough in our approved budget for a wireless mic for the SD during degrees. However, we found that the wireless worked well until he reached the stations or alter. Then it would cause a squeal so he had to turn it off after the candidate was recieved.