My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to become a member

dew_time

I went to the local lodges website and emailed the officer that was listed as the contact. We chatted back and forth for a few days, I answered all of his questions and he answered all mine. He then told me that the lodge has a monthly breakfast and that I was more than welcome to out, sit down and fill my belly. I didn't know anyone there but they greeted me like I belonged there. I asked about a petition and within 30 minutes I was greeted by all the attending brothers and got to know a little about the process. I filled out my petition and was given a tour of the lodge by the Grand Master. I was there for about two hours and am now very excited to hear from them. My point is... don't be shy, show up and say hi! Check there calander online, if they have one, and attend all the open to the public functions they have.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
The only problems I'm facing right now is; I don't know any Freemasons that could refer me and I'm moving to St. Petersburg in the near future and currently living in Tallahassee, Florida. Do I have to be dedicated to one lodge or join here and attend the lodge in St. Petersburg?

You can petition in one location then end up in another. Masonry is a worldwide fraternity after all. Thing is there's considerably more paperwork and hassle to do it that way. You petition a lodge, get investigated, get balloted on. You take at least one degree in that lodge. You relocate. You contact a local lodge and ask for "courtesy degrees". Paperwork flows back and forth between the two lodges. You take the rest of your degrees. Then you're faced with a decision whether to be a member of which of the two lodges or maybe both. More paperwork flows.

The process after relocating is much simpler. Petition. Investigation. Ballot. Three degrees. Get your dues bill and start voting. One lodge no extra paperwork.

Don't rush. We're Masons for life. Don't dawdle either. We're working men and the work of Masonry is a part of that work.

Dhc

Thank you very much. I will just wait then. Only about a 6 weeks till I move. I have been hearing that recruiting younger masons has be difficult in recent years and I'm eager to get started. I feel just being 21 and still not a mason I have missed out of so much. Anyways thank you though.

Ierulli

JGMarto PM

You can join any regulated lodge. Once you become a Master Mason you can visit any other constituted lodge in the world. You can also have dual membership as long as you keep up with your home lodge dues. Check out Floridas Grand Lodge web site. It will lead you to lodges in your area and if it is like Pa's web site it may even have a way to let them know you are interested and someone from your area will contact you. As for the wait... be patient my friend. It's a long journey.

Joe Martoccio PM 32º
Lodge #327 Hazleton
Caldwell Consistory Valley of Bloomsburg
Tamaqua Royal Arch Chapter #177
Pennsylvania

Dhc

Should I then begin to make contact with Masons of the St. Pete lodge and inform them of my situation or just wait till I get there?

Ierulli