My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masons for Jesus

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
while a noble goal and concept, i don't like the site.

it has a section titled "mission statement" but I did not find one, only a generic "Masonic FAQ."

while I find it okay to be a mason that is promoting "Jesus" (naturally that's great), I don't think it should be done under the patronage of masonry. There are many other great ways (and I feel them to be better, as well) to bring people to Christianity, with your church being the main one.

Masons for Religion would be a better, more appropriate group, in my personal opinion. The blue lodge does not specify Christianity (or any one specific religion) as the route to heaven, so this is why I feel this way.

edit: after reading this, I feel like this post is "constipated" writing, but oh well, hopefully you get the point.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
while a noble goal and concept, i don't like the site.

it has a section titled "mission statement" but I did not find one, only a generic "Masonic FAQ."

while I find it okay to be a mason that is promoting "Jesus" (naturally that's great), I don't think it should be done under the patronage of masonry. There are many other great ways (and I feel them to be better, as well) to bring people to Christianity, with your church being the main one.

Masons for Religion would be a better, more appropriate group, in my personal opinion. The blue lodge does not specify Christianity (or any one specific religion) as the route to heaven, so this is why I feel this way.

edit: after reading this, I feel like this post is "constipated" writing, but oh well, hopefully you get the point.

I agree with you. I really don't care for the name or the site, unless it is just a group for masons who happen to also be christians or vice versa. But to use either group to promote the other is wrong IMO.

I believe that masonry is free of any religion. Oh, there are "religious" elements used in masonry, the Bible verses, KST, the saints etc., but there the stars, moon, the sky, etc. But I don't think those impart any Christianity or astrology on Masonry at all. Those scriptures and other "religious" elements are used to make each degree and the craft what it is (they are a tool). Said another way I don't think the degrees are going to make someone Christian because it uses Bible verses any more than they made me believe in any type of mysticism. I will admit that there are aspects of Masonry that made/make me a better christian, just like an sure they help folks with other beliefs better at their practice.

Now I will say this, as a Christain, I get so hot about the "Christian" anti-masonic websites, that it is nice to get that someone is making a counter effort.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Can't really say I'm bothered by this. Since the name of the group is "Masons for Jesus," it clearly denotes that not all Masons are "for Jesus." Big deal. Let them have fun with it. Masonry is definitely not "anti-Jesus," so whatever...:5:

owls84

Premium Member
Good points Tom. I probably would have seen it Nates way but after looking at it again your right. Its whatever.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
There are ton of so called "Christians" who use the internet to attack Freemasonry. It was just refreshing to see a Christian go out of his way to standup for the Craft. :50:

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
There are ton of so called "Christians" who use the internet to attack Freemasonry. It was just refreshing to see a Christian go out of his way to standup for the Craft. :50:

I can definitely respect that.:16:

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Masonry has rekindled my religious beliefs. I find learning from the Holy Bible a bit easier to learn and understand as I go along. For some time, I just popped in and out of church, but because there is so much of our work that can be linked to the Bible, I am more excited, and not only looking for More Light in Masonry, but looking for it in my efforts to be a Christian. This may not be the same for some, or even all of you, but that is your decision. And, our little Baptist Church has enough Brethren in it, we can easily open an EA lodge, maybe even do a degree!!!!!!!! I am just so happy to have these folks at Elliott Baptist, and to have them also as Brothers in the Church. I guess in the larger cities, this is not such a big thing, but the total population of Elliott is probably 50 or so and it's pretty cool we have the most Brethren in the County there. I do agree though, that all of this needs to be in moderation, as too much of either can drive good folks away. OK, I'm done rambling again...

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I was very confused by the website myself as the mission statment was not there or I missed it. I sent an email to see what the intentions of the site are. I am up in the air about it and will respond better when i know more.