My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Craftsman Question

tomasball

Premium Member
Somebody who's in the MC program, please tell me...does a person need to have M and D in order to adequately work through that course?

Tom Ball

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
Nope... the course refers to "A Bridge to Light" and the Scottish Rite Monitor for nearly all its material. I have the new annotated edition of M&D that I received after the reunion that I use for some occasional background, but so far I've found the footnotes in it to be more useful than the actual text ;-)

chrmc

And if you need Morals and Dogma, it's fairly easy to find a pdf version online. At least of one of the older versions.

tomasball

Premium Member
I don't believe I said anything about me needing a copy of M&D. I need to know whether a the course requires one.

Txmason

How do you start doing the master craftsman program? I have the books and questions and one essay.

How do you find the answers? By title in the table of contents? Index? I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Jerry

Freemason Connect Premium App

Mac

Premium Member
The quiz will tell you what pages in the Monitor and Bridge to Light to focus on. When I went through it, I also read the appropriate chapter in Morals and Dogma (mainly as preparation for the essay). If I remember correctly, though, the first quiz was mainly just about the structure of the Scottish Rite.