My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Ritualist Program

Randy81

Premium Member
I've seen several Brothers post about participation within the lodge and Brothers possibly being bored with their lodge. Our grand lodge here have initiated a new initiative in 2016 and seems like a great idea to me. Maybe other states already do it, but its a Master Ritualist Program.

It essentially awards points to a Brother for participating in the conferrals of each degree and each part is awarded a certain amount of points. Then a certain amount of points will gain you one of three certificates which are Ritualist, Senior Ritualist, and Master Ritualist. I personally think it's awesome as around here the lodges really work together and those Brothers who do will be recognized for it.

For me, it's too late to be an officer for the year of 2016 but I do have plans for when I'm raised to Master Mason. Personally, I plan on trying to get some of the lectures down so I can contribute them during the rituals. I had planned on doing this before this program was published but this is all the more reason. I think that stuff like this works though. I met a Brother from a nearby city last week that said they received six petitions the night before! So obviously men are interested in the craft, and programs like this will cause more to stick with it in my opinion.

All in all, I'm just super impressed with our Grand Lodge and I think it's great that they're putting a lot of thought into building our fraternity. They're also trying to send a GL Officer to every degree done in the state. Though I think this is nearly impossible, I applaud their efforts. Here is the link to the Master Ritualist Program if anyone was interested in how it was being conducted.

http://la-mason.com/master-ritualist-program/