My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving to Fort Hood, Texas

Anthony Schienschang

Greetings Brethren,

I was hoping that there might be a fellow Brother who could help me out with this.

I am currently residing in Kansas and my home Lodge is Hancock Lodge 311 but I will soon be PCSing to Fort Hood and I am looking for a local Lodge. My issue is whether I should obtain a demit from Hancock Lodge so I can participate at whichever Lodge I will soon be calling home, or if I should request dual membership (if The Grand Lodge of Texas allows this). I am in good standing and have my dues card ready.

Also, is there anything that I should know about Lodges in Texas so as to save myself some embarrassment? I know Lodges can be different from state to state.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Fraternally,

Bro. Anthony Schienschang

LukeD

I believe the GLoTX allows dual/plural membership in and out of state. I'm not sure if the GLoKS does. Funny, I just posted something on a different forum concerning a similar matter about visitation between MS and PH lodges in Kansas and Texas.