My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My thought on the Widow Sons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Sharp

I have read the "Proceedings of the Grand Lodge of Texas " for 2007. Page 399 is the Reconsideration of Resolution No. 3. I will quote part of what was said. "...can find nowhere in their by-laws where it stipulates that Hells Angles, Ku Klux Klan... could not be member of that club." And "I have closely examined the Widow's Son patch which clearly depicts a stripper dancing around a stripper's pole...".

Well clearly the Brother has never seen the patch and is misinformed. I'm looking at one right now and she is not dancing around a pole. There is no pole on the patch nor is she naked or half dressed. As for the by-laws as one brother already pointed out in a later post they had to do that until GL addopted Resolution No.3.

My only problem is the following and I would like the questions answered please.
1. Why did it take three years for this edict?
2. When the edict appeared on the GL web page there was a link to post comments. There were several that supported the Widow Sons. What happened to that link and the post?

I hope cooler heads will win out and those Brothers who belonged will be able to wear there vest again. Remember we are all Brothers.
Allen Sharp
Gatesville 197

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Brother Allen,

There has been some recent discussion here at Masons of Texas pertaining to the recent Edict relating to the Widow's Sons Motorcycle Group. Most of the questions that you are asking have been answered within those threads.

Fortunately or unfortunately, all threads pertaining to the WS discussion have been closed by the Staff here at MoT in order to prevent further and gradually heated discussion. Please understand why we (MoT) are choosing to not be involved in this discussion / debate.

~ This Thread Is Now Closed ~

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

#12791 GM Edict Widows Sons Masonic Motorcycle Riders Association

Status
Not open for further replies.