My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nassim Haremein, sage or fraud?

goldwing850108

I threw in 'Fermats Last Theorem' just for laughs. You can Google "Fermats last Theorem ' and get more info. I know when soup drips on my shirt that it was Newton that invented gravity and made the soup drip downward. I am also glad he invented the Fig Newton. I am the member of our lodge that obligates the candidates so we all as masons, have professed a belief in God. When I ask the candidate " In whom -----" we all have answered " in -". Also, in Genises we say "In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth, not ' random occurrence created the Heaven and the Earth. Another quote" an unfeigned belief in the One Living and True God. As Masons we have all obligated ourselves to this belief. I think we have talked this subject to death. I will move on from this thread. Thanks for your ear.

widows son

Premium Member
Belief in one God is all that is required to be a mason, one doesn't necessarily have to believe the accounts in the bible, I feel the bible is there because its a spiritual and moral book and one can reflect on the allegorical teachings in it, which is why any monotheistic spiritual book can be present. If you believe I'm the accounts of the bible, that's fine, it's not my place to tell you what to believe, but scientist labor very hard to prove these facts and we shouldn't just look away because our faith may say otherwise. I believe the GAOTU is a all pervading consciousness, the universe and nature are God.

CajunTinMan

it was Newton that invented gravity

Play on words I am sure.

I personaly believe that science continues to prove intelligent design. I know someone is going to ask me to prove what i am saying but I am just a simple country boy at the end of my work day and I'm bushed. I will be glad to take up my arguement later. I will say this though. I try to keep my mind open when looking at things and I usually find that what one person see as the final answer to something can actually open the door to many other possibilities. it's all in the interpretation.

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
Very true my friend, and I agree that science doesn't seem to point more and more to an intelligence behind the scenes.

goldwing850108

Widows son, please lighten up. I didn't intend for anyone to take my remark seriously about Newton INVENTING gravity. Cajuntinman had it right the first time.

bjdeverell

Premium Member
I keep an open mind on anyone's theories. Mystics have been talking about string theory and dark matter for millennia and science is just now catching up. The stance I take on science, religion, etc. is simply "why not." God can do whatever the hell he wants, my only job is to try and understand why.

jvarnell

Premium Member
I have been looking at this thread and not saying anything but I can't help my self.

I think that if we don't have people throwing theories out there to be pondered (texan for thinking about) we don't grow or are caused to prove the theroy wrong. But if we attack the theorist and not the theory we will lose site of how our jurny of growing in knolage happens. I also think that mysticism and science have common roots. It is mysticism until proven then it is science.

I have also wondered why the missing link is science and not mysticism? there is no proof there just a whole in the line.

moneyhole

The pseudo science of Nasim Haramein (a.k.a. Elisabeth Rauscher) vs. the pseudo science of "curved empty space"... this should be fun, I have my popcorn ready :D