My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin bring the craft to the moon

widows son

Premium Member
I recently saw photos of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon with the flag of the Scottish rite and they're own Masonic aprons as well, thought it was kinda cool

MarkR

Premium Member
Neil Armstrong was not a Mason, although his father was. Aldrin did, in fact, take a Scottish Rite flag, but any aprons shown in any pictures were photoshopped in.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
Should have clarified about the aprons and flag not being there, when I'm responding from my smartphone I tend towards very brief posts. Wanted tp highlight TL2....

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Here is a composite gif that shows the original NASA photo alternating with the faked version:

mason hoax pic.gif

The red ellipse was added to show how a connector got "morphed" into part of the left glove in the fake. The original picture should be very well known. It appears as the cover of the Life magazine "To the Moon and Back" 1969 special issue.

The apron picture is a crude fake.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Here is a composite gif that shows the original NASA photo alternating with the faked version. You may need to click the picture to see the alternation.

2548-neil-armstrong-buzz-aldrin-bring-craft-moon-mason-hoax-pic.gif

The red ellipse was added to show how a connector got "morphed" into part of the left glove in the fake. The original picture should be very well known. It appears as the cover of the Life magazine "To the Moon and Back" 1969 special issue.

The apron picture is a crude fake.

widows son

Premium Member
This app is on my iPhone and can't see the pic but I will follow up on the link, why do you think Texas has claimed that part of the moon under its jurisdiction?

MarkR

Premium Member
Because there was very tight control over what was allowed to be taken on the flights; they needed to account for every ounce. They have an inventory of everything that was taken. No Masonic aprons.

widows son

Premium Member
Yes I know they brought authorization, but I think there a deeper philosophical meaning behind bringing the craft to the moon

jleesmith1999

Armstrong was a mason he was made a master mason later in life buzz got him invovled every mason I speak the older guys say that