One more day

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by Kyle Samuel, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Kyle Samuel

Kyle Samuel Premium Member

Tomorrow I go in for my initiation. I am very nervous about it but have been looking forward to joining for a while. I think I'm nervous cause I don't know what to expect. Needed some words of advise .

2. dmurawsky

dmurawsky Premium Member

Breathe. Get there early and socialize. Remember that these are your soon to be brethren. Listen and pay attention to details.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  3. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Welcome to the family once adopted brother.

4. Kyle Samuel

Truly amazing . Thank you brothers for the help and support.

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations brother, the best is yet to come.

6. CloseYetFar

CloseYetFar Registered User

Congratulations and welcome!

7. Kyle Samuel

After the night was done I felt like I wanted more. I wanted to understand more. More light. Not sure if that is normal.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. CloseYetFar

CloseYetFar Registered User

It is normal, at least in my experience. Also remember as you are going over your proficiency with your mentor you can ask questions about all of the things you went through. That will give you a better understanding of things. Try to go see one for yourself though. That's where a lot sunk in for me. You get to watch and hear. It also helps out with the material you have to learn.

9. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

A bit of perspective - The Master Mason degree is the end of the degree work, but it is also the beginning of the life work of a new brother. There's always more. Part of why brothers go to other Masonic organizations is for more. But most of the more stuff is how you live your life and how you find meaning in the degrees. There's enough material in the first three degrees to keep learning the rest of our lives.

Yep, more. Good stuff, that wanting more.

10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

It is very normal, you'll love the rest of your journey.

11. Bro. Staton

Bro. Staton Registered User

Seeking more is normal so your good. Just stay focused and enjoy the journey....

Share My Freemasonry