My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition for Joint Recognition and Visitation

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
I'd like to know what the deal is. I've personally contacted BOTH Grand Masters of Texas, and neither will respond. I guess both are content living in a world we where recognize each other as regular Masons, but heaven forbid we actually sit in Lodge and labor together.
I called both secretaries and never heard back.

Both sides seem to maintain and underlying contempt for one another. Since this started I have seen gentlemen speak one way to me and then convey a completely different message to others. First time it happened was on a FB post the guy didn't know I could see, second time was here on base, I walked up on one of my 'close' PHA friends saying he would never sit in a "{profanity} white lodge". Really didn't know what to do so I tapped him on the shoulder to alert him to my presence, nodded at him, then walked away. WTH was that?

Until everyone gets over themselves we are going to remain in this silly situation.

Cblack

I called both secretaries and never heard back.

Both sides seem to maintain and underlying contempt for one another. Since this started I have seen gentlemen speak one way to me and then convey a completely different message to others. First time it happened was on a FB post the guy didn't know I could see, second time was here on base, I walked up on one of my 'close' PHA friends saying he would never sit in a "{profanity} white lodge". Really didn't know what to do so I tapped him on the shoulder to alert him to my presence, nodded at him, then walked away. WTH was that?

Until everyone gets over themselves we are going to remain in this silly situation.

There are some that still think that lodges should be segregated. I see it on my side (PHA) and it really sickens me. I should be in attendance at GL Session in June...If so, I will ask the questions and bring a motion to the floor to petition for modification of the current compact between our two GLs to include full visitation...I might even ask for dual membership...if the motions are defeated you all will be the first to know...Hey all I can do is try..If they pass then it will be in the hands of the GLoTX...Let's see who really wants it and who doesn't... :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freemasonry mobile app

jpstarks

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, an individual brother sending a petition to the Grand Lodge of Texas won't do anything. You need a proposal submitted by a member of Grand Lodge. I've belonged to lodges in two states with full reciprocity. Not much reciprocating happened, but a number of men who would have joined the PHA joined the regular lodges instead and the PHA lodges were not thrilled with that result.

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
... anyhow with the brilliant idea that Brother Vincent suggested. It is a very simple suggestion and most solutions are exactly that. http://www.freemasoninformation.com/2011/10/masonic-holidays/ here is a list of holidays we observe.

June 20th/21st – Saint John the Baptist Day / Summer Solstice
June 24th, 1717 – Founding of the United Grand Lodge of England.

We have two BIG opportunites on the horizon. We can make this a TX thing OR we can make this a National thing... I might need some help with the Facebook ads this time. I have already thrown over 1K at the petition and my wife is getting a little irritated :)

On another thread a young man had quite an idea. It might need some review but he mentioned the MS and PHA guys hosting and UNOFFICIAL community event such as a cook off. There are a couple events coming up that would be a great opportunity to gather public interest in Masonry and show unity between us. It would be nice to see this happen in TX but my sights are set higher, I want it national. Even an ad set at $1 or $2 a day leading up to it would gather much support.

A brief ‘How To’ on FaceBook Ads.

1. Notice the cog (gear) in the top right corner of your screen… click on it.
  2. Click ‘Advertise’
  3. Click ‘Create an Ad’
  4. Click ‘Search by URL’ and paste www.facebook.com/MasonicAmity
  5. Click ‘Promote Page Posts’
  6. Check the box ‘Keep my ad up-to-date by automatically promoting my most recent post ’
  7. In the box for ‘Precise Interests’ paste these keywords ( you can always add more) #freemasonry #United Grand Lodge of England #Grand Lodge of Texas #History of Freemasonry #York Rite #Scottish Rite #Prince Hall Freemasonry #Continental Freemasonry in North America
  8. Set your budget and place your order
On the Amity page I am going to spend the run up to our cook off promoting the event and driving people to place the event on their calendar.

dfreybur

Premium Member
...I might even ask for dual membership...

MWPHAGLofTX is a single affiliation jurisdiction. You can only belong to one lodge according to their rules. The buzzword you want to use is "associate membership". It's their way to implement what would otherwise be called dual affiliation. To me it sounded like a word game to establish a loophole but whatever you call it if it works it's the way to go. After the fake recognition without visitation gets corrected to real recognition with visitation.

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
If I set up a https://www.thunderclap.it/ how many people will sign? Perhaps Blake would set one up to announce a Bridge Builders meeting or something of the like. The APP links into all of your social connections and once a preset number of supporters is reach blasts out a message on twitter and Face Book announcing the event and providing a message. Right now Fire Fox is using it to alert people about its upcoming mobile platform.

Raymond Walters

Premium Member
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, an individual brother sending a petition to the Grand Lodge of Texas won't do anything. You need a proposal submitted by a member of Grand Lodge. I've belonged to lodges in two states with full reciprocity. Not much reciprocating happened, but a number of men who would have joined the PHA joined the regular lodges instead and the PHA lodges were not thrilled with that result.

My observation on your words is this... PHA leadership in some jurisdictions has driven membership away in my opinion. Insecurity appears to be a major culprit to thwarting goodwill & cooperation within a Grand Lodge, and I have observed it many times myself over the years.

No one wishes to belong to any organization that doesn't cause you to feel as if you are a part of it.

No one wants to feel that they are being manipulated or controlled in any way to satisfy an agenda that is morally or spiritually questionable.

An intelligent, progressive-minded person seeks to interact with other intelligent, progressive people.

Lastly, a qualified individual should have a choice as to what Masonic Grand Lodge he should petition, and it should be his choice alone. When I first sought to petition, what was foremost in my mind was how does anyone dictate to me where I should petition? I didn't like that view in 1988, and I dislike it in 2014.

If Freemasonry follows it own regulations, any petitioner should be treated fairly and a decision based on his merit alone... not another's un-judicious opinion that falls outside of those regulations.