My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting lectures and memorization

Jraiford

I just counted 93 questions. 54 for the first section, 15, for the second and 14 for the 3rd. totaling 93.

Angus

My Lodge in NM, both Q & A memorized, word for word, no mistakes either in committee or in Lodge.

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
We have 55 questions in the EA, 39 in the Fellowcraft, and 43 in the Master's. Proficiency is demonstrated "to the satisfaction of the Lodge," either in reciting in open lodge or before a committee of 3 MM appointed by the Master.

phulseapple

Premium Member
Here in NY, Each degree has a series of Questions and Answers that must be memorized. This includes a recitation of the obligation, the working tools, and explanation of the the signs and grips and giving of the words properly.

Jraiford

Same here, and they must be recited in open lodge. Then you get to look around and see who votes for you.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
We must memorize and return the work in open lodge before being passed or raised.

We also have to turn in our MM work in open lodge to get our dues cards.

A Master Mason risks being dropped from the roles if he does not return the work within 6 months of being raised. It could be a year now but it is automatic. No vote is needed this year going forward iirc.