My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raised

frs225

Hello Brethren -

Last Wednesday I was raised to the sublime degree of a master mason. I feel like each degree has so much information to digest, and I haven't yet begun to fully understand the meanings of each. Can anyone point me in the right direction to begin to understand?

Thank you in advance

Bro. Frank
Raised 3/25/2015

dfreybur

Premium Member
Welcome again, and again, to the family thrice adopted brother Frank.

Understanding comes from within. Go ahead and read as much as you like about the meanings encoded in the ceremonies but resist the urge to take any writer as a source of authority. Decide for yourself what the meanings are to your own satisfaction.

At one level the degrees teach about a path of life as it goes through phases. Two decades as student preparing to work. Two decades as laborer continuing his education to become not just a better laborer but a better man in general. Two decades finding a more spiritual path of life and serving as a signpost example for others to follow. When raised in your degree that was a symbolic birth into a spiritually oriented life. This symbolic birth or rebirth of a type both different from and similar to other types of symbolic births. It adds a dimension to any others that you have had in your life.