My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding PHA members

perryel

I'm in OH, my PHAmily has been here since my mother was 2. I've never seen a response like Nat Geo's in an open forum.

Freemason Connect Mobile

bupton52

Premium Member
Wrong answer no disrespect or rather not what is needed. God bless!

Bro.TL Wilson
Clarence C. Kittrell #149(PHA)
Philadelphia, PA
MWPHGL Jurisdiction of PA
4301 N. Broad st.
Phila., PA

Freemason Connect Mobile

Why not just ask where he hailed from? Catch-e-kism has jurisdictional differences and in no way dictate the knowledge a brother may have. We dont teach that in my jurisdiction and anyone approaching me with it usually gets a hearty laugh. The wrong answer for you may have been the right answer for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freemasonry mobile app

Last edited:

phamason

Bro Bupton52 what does whefe mean?? I think tldubb did ask him that if u read the previous post and his answer was wrong

How Should Masons Meet /G\

bupton52

Premium Member
Another question I have been blessed to travel around the world and attend several Lodges and see many ceremonies. Who has the right or the knowledge to declare someone clandestine? Mason the measure of the man. /G\ Once the simple question is asked. Are you off or from? that normally ends all rhetoric. I have a very good friend who took the so called normal and recognized path. Then he was sent overseas and went to another body that some would consider clandestine. But the funny thing is his Masonic knowledge bloomed and progressed to great levels. So that's when I asked the question is the word Clandestine just a another way to promote Masonic Racism? In reality I have text from the late 1800s and early 1900s stating PHA as Clandestine. So with that being said who really has the power or knowledge to put that term on a Masonic body.? One thing I have learned in my journey through life is that successful people and groups never wait for someone to give them the right to exist and grow.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Groups can "declare" someone whatever they want, but the fact remains that PHA has the same regularity of origin as any other regular jurisdiction here in the states. There absolutely has to be a standard placed on who is regular and who isn't, otherwise we'd have an even larger problem with the truly clandestine/spurious GLs than we do now. I have always said that in order to tackle the problem, education has to start in house. The statements you are making, IMO, sympathizes with the clandestine masons "plight". Who has the authority? Regular masonic organizations have the authority.

dfreybur

Premium Member
My lodge was the mother lodge of two others way back when horses and buggies used to get the men to the meetings.

It can work both ways. My mother lodge hived off several other lodges over its life since 1883. And then it absorbed several lodges. Some it absorbed back others had different origins. With consolidations the lineage of a lodge gets loops and twists. Founded by brothers from several lodges but mostly that one. Hived off these lodges each also having founding members from other lodges. Absorbed these lodges with assorted histories. Apparently Masonry is the example from which soap operas were invented! Chortle.

Nat Geo 357

Again I have ancient text and works that state PHA as clandestine but do we consider them to be clandestine today? I can visit 20 PHA lodges and all twenty will be doing the ritual and signs and due guards slightly different but that does not make them wrong or incorrect at all. It is just a point of jurisdiction. In my state we never say who is your grandmother they might do that in your area but does that make you not a Master Mason? No it does not. Again in the end my entire comments and debate is why do we impose self segregation. ? I know for a fact that rosters and memberships are down in all fraternal orders. Part of the reason is the youth do not want to be involved because of the so called no it alls that think their way is the only way. I can see some brothers now questioning another brother on his emblem and his light because they think that's the proper thing to do. Again real simple are you OFF or From that sums it all up. Mason the measure of the man. My father told us as kids that only a kicked dog will moan out.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Nat Geo 357

The items that have plagued the future of Masonry are the self inflicted segregation and the arrogance of brothers once they are raised. Another item is the single affiliation rule that has stunted dual recognition in many states. Why is it so hard to address these common road blocks that have driving rosters down and membership to all time lows in the past 50 years. Lodges may have 100 plus on the roster but only have 20 or so active members and out of the 20 only 12 are paying dues. This is not only a PHA issue. As I stated earlier I have friends in other bodies and all,parts of the USA and they are facing and dealing with the same issues. For some of us we are what people call global and cutting edge so we are always looking for better ways to perfect our craft. It simply amazes me that some bodies in Masonry really think it's their way only everyone else is wrong or Clandestine. The weird thing is the same ones that are claiming they are the legit one, were thought of as clandestine just 200 years ago. So in essence how can someone promote the same hate and ignorance that was used against them previously ? I try to comment with respect and honor if any of my words hurt a fellow brethren I apologize that is not the purpose at all. I come on the Level and I leave on the square and I am always focused on the trowel to smooth out brotherly love. /G\

Freemason Connect Mobile

bupton52

Premium Member
The items that have plagued the future of Masonry are the self inflicted segregation and the arrogance of brothers once they are raised. Another item is the single affiliation rule that has stunted dual recognition in many states. Why is it so hard to address these common road blocks that have driving rosters down and membership to all time lows in the past 50 years. Lodges may have 100 plus on the roster but only have 20 or so active members and out of the 20 only 12 are paying dues. This is not only a PHA issue. As I stated earlier I have friends in other bodies and all,parts of the USA and they are facing and dealing with the same issues. For some of us we are what people call global and cutting edge so we are always looking for better ways to perfect our craft. It simply amazes me that some bodies in Masonry really think it's their way only everyone else is wrong or Clandestine. The weird thing is the same ones that are claiming they are the legit one, were thought of as clandestine just 200 years ago. So in essence how can someone promote the same hate and ignorance that was used against them previously ? I try to comment with respect and honor if any of my words hurt a fellow brethren I apologize that is not the purpose at all. I come on the Level and I leave on the square and I am always focused on the trowel to smooth out brotherly love. /G\

Freemason Connect Mobile

With all respect, you should refresh your knowledge of PH history and reevaluate what you are saying. It really sounds as if you are an advocate for unification with spurious bodies. A sympathetic ear to the plight of the clandestine mason is what keeps their organizations strong.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Nat Geo 357

Again what would you consider spurious ? I have documents that would claim PH is spurious so my point is what one may consider clandestine today just may be main stream tomorrow just like the history of PH. And when you say PH are you speaking for PHA or PHO ? And I say this with respect and genuine concern.

Freemason Connect Mobile

bupton52

Premium Member
Again what would you consider spurious ? I have documents that would claim PH is spurious so my point is what one may consider clandestine today just may be main stream tomorrow just like the history of PH. And when you say PH are you speaking for PHA or PHO ? And I say this with respect and genuine concern.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Spurious or clandestine lodges are those without charter from a GL that posesses lineage to one of the mother GLs.

Freemason Connect Mobile

bupton52

Premium Member

Freemason Connect Mobile

Also, are you aware of the difference between recognition and regularity?

Freemason Connect Mobile

Nat Geo 357

I Understand your view totally it is the mainstream view, what I was posing is be careful of what we label because if you look at the history of some bodies they were plagued with the same rhetoric. I respect your view let me say that first I have a tendency from youth to looks at all angles.

Freemason Connect Mobile

bupton52

Premium Member
I Understand your view totally it is the mainstream view, what I was posing is be careful of what we label because if you look at the history of some bodies they were plagued with the same rhetoric. I respect your view let me say that first I have a tendency from youth to looks at all angles.

Freemason Connect Mobile

It is not what I label these groups. It is what every regular GL in America labels them.

Freemason Connect Mobile