My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Responsibility.

widows son

Premium Member
I came across this in our district newsletter, I choked up a bit when I read this, because it is so true.

A man stood before God and said,
"look at all the suffering, the anguish and distress in your world, why don't you send help?"
God responded " I did send help. I sent you. "

We as masons have a responsibility to the world, let us embrace that responsibility.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
So true. Many forget the price of our Free Will, which makes earning the wages of a Freemason all the more important.

brothermongelli

Indeed, the responsibility to serve our fellows in incumbent upon all Freemasons, and it is a part of the Great Work. We Craftsmen have a responsibility to engender Brotherly Love, Relieft and Truth in all that we do.

I think this says much - I wrote it recently as a description of the perfected, true Master Mason (I am still working toward it! It's a high ideal to be sure!):

"Master Masons are Kings of earth, having abnegated the
crude and the base, their feet having touched upon each stave of the ladder
leading out of the pit into radiant Light. This raising up to glory, of which
the Masonic raising is but a shade, is not accidental nor automatic by virtue of
the ceremony. Rather, it is an act of Will - the product of reflection, study,
meditation, perfect love, selflessness, and service to one's fellow creatures.
The road is long and the gate narrow, and few there are who find the path; but
mark well: the True Master Mason has squared the circle and is man no
longer...he has become Man."

CajunTinMan

I came across this in our district newsletter, I choked up a bit when I read this, because it is so true.

A man stood before God and said,
"look at all the suffering, the anguish and distress in your world, why don't you send help?"
God responded " I did send help. I sent you. "

We as masons have a responsibility to the world, let us embrace that responsibility.
i gotta share that one.