My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shared Brotherly Love w/ Prince Hall

Virgin Islands Brother

I had a chance to connect with my brother in law last week. I was in the Boston cold-even got sick.
Bro. In law is hugely responsible for peaking my interest in the craft. However, due to distance, I was not able to join his Prince Hall Lodge as he wished. He is a Past Master there.

As we did not get a chance to break bread as Master Masons before, this trip was really special. Of course I being a blue lodge English mason, we had some slightly dissimilar ways of doing things so my quiz lasted almost the entire trip. Then something happened one day. To my great relief, the quiz stopped and suggestions for raising money and areas to donate took over the discussion. He had realized I was no slouch.

What impressed me with him, and the Brethren I met, was the knowledge base. It was strong and uniform throughout the brothers I came in contact with. From the library to the lodge room it was a good experience.

Although, I am perfectly happy with my lodge and English masonry in general, the opportunity to expand by learning about the subtle differences between English and American masonry was wonderful. Mutual respect remained in tact and I feel even better about this brotherhood.

One thing in particular stood out to me. It was not a lodge night and the building was occupied by a number of brethren just enjoying the fellowship.
Awesome! I will be working with my brothers who have voiced their desire to do the same-sooner than later.

I hope to actually sit in open lodge on my next visit to cold Boston. Definitely summer next time.

To all the Brethren that I met and showed me love, Thank You!