My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sisters?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Obviously 95% of us are Brothers through Masonry, but is there a time when we use the term "sister"? Are members of OES or Rainbow considered "sisters" or do they only go by titles provided by their respective organizations?

Last edited:

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Many of the OES I have met have introduced themselves as "A Sister". I know most who are members anyway, from the folks I have known over the years already.

Last edited:

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
I think they would appreciate being referred to as Sister. Especially if we emphasized it with sincerity. Our Eastern Star Chapter compliments our lodge very well. For example, On Aug. 22, we will be conferring the MM degree on 5 candidates. When OES became aware, they elected prepare our dinner. The only thing they asked of us was to to inform our candidates to encourage their wives and daughters to join Eastern Star. Yes, they are our Sisters.

Sirius

I've heard them introduce themselves, "I'm Sister Mary Jane Verde form the OES chapter." Makes them sound nun-ish, but thats OK.