My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standards

JJones

Believe it or not, that would fly just fine in my little part of Texas...I've seen just about everything in the lodge but sweat pants but hey, I'm still young and society isn't getting much fancier.

What's the most disturbing to me is I have to wonder how the quality of their initiatic experience must be with so many FCs.

dfreybur

Premium Member
On the one hand - Are the sort of qualifications that recommend a Mason the sort that show up in a photograph?

On the other hand - One of the reasons I petitioned my specific mother lodge is it was a moderated dressed up lodge. Tie for practice, coat and tie for practice, tux for degrees and OVs. Since petitioning I am not just comfortable wearing a suit and tie, I'm comfortable in a tuxedo.

Notice that different jurisdictions wear their aprons differently.

The photo does not say if they were all Passed the same evening. Illinois rules say no more than one degree in a day without dispensation, no more than 3 candidates at the altar obligating, a maximum of 7 candidates for the degree of the day. Clearly the different parts of the rules came in in different decades! One of my lodges does double and triple candidate 1st or 2nd degrees almost every month

scribe1384pm

Believe it or not, that would fly just fine in my little part of Texas...I've seen just about everything in the lodge but sweat pants but hey, I'm still young and society isn't getting much fancier.

What's the most disturbing to me is I have to wonder how the quality of their initiatic experience must be with so many FCs.

My part of Texas also Bro. Jones. Styles and fads change constantly.

My Freemasonry HD