My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop using Internet Explorer. It is vulnerable.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Got the following from A&M Corpus Christi IT:

[FONT=Cambria,serif]Please be aware that there is a serious vulnerability that affects all versions of Internet Explorer. A patch has yet to be released. Please advise your users to use an alternate browser.[/FONT]
[FONT=Cambria,serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Cambria,serif]This vulnerability is an object lesson in why the University is blocking all XP machines from the University network starting May 8[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP] – Microsoft will not be releasing a patch for XP.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

It further looks like the entire state of Texas may advising that none of its offices use Internet Explorer for the time being, if I trace the full message pathway.

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
Re: Stop using Internet Explorer. It is vulnerable

Its not Microsoft's prerogative to create bad software, but they seem to be excelling in that area :/

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

jvarnell

Premium Member

Its not Microsoft's prerogative to create bad software, but they seem to be excelling in that area :/

In college of the late 70's and early 80's I was tought inless you were working for NASA you should write software to be 80% problem free so you will have an upgread path and keep selling more. This is the same type of thing Bill Gates had in his head.

jvarnell

Premium Member

Anyone that likes IE can also help protect them self's by enabling DEP in the group policy. This will help but not fix the problem compleet without a patch. This is for vista and Windows 7. It seams MS knew about the problem before saying they were not going to update XP. If your Chrome and firefox has had the default settings changed you may want to go back to the default because the OS may alow the problem with other browsers. Someweb apps that use .net libaraies will also have the problem. If you ask me what libaraies I can't say I am not alowed to say. Look at the US-CERT and you can figur it out.

JJones

I use Chrome and rarely have any trouble. Firefox is my second fav.

jvarnell

Premium Member

I use Chrome and rarely have any trouble. Firefox is my second fav.

With this problem you will not know when a website executes something on your computer to put a backdoor on it. also Adobe flash had an update to 11 for this when this became un-secret at US-CERT. Chrome just sends data to google about your habits without executing something on the OS. Foxfire just doesen't alow things to use the libary invalved.

nixxon2000

Premium Member
Ms just release a patch for it. Update update!!! Lol
And they did release an update for XP.

jvarnell

Premium Member

Ms just release a patch for it. Update update!!! Lol
And they did release an update for XP.

That is because it was a fix to the .net libraray and they have knowen about it for along time.