My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things to do in San Antonio

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
My wife and I are taking a little trip to San Antonio to stay on the river-walk for a few days. Are there any notable places to visit? Yes the Alamo will be on the list, it is every time we visit. Some of the things I am looking for are cool gun shops, notable historic areas/notables(lodges included), awesome dining establishments, etc.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Zack

Haven't been there in a number of years but when I was, there were 2 awesome museums. Don't remember the names. Spent an entire day in one looking at the guns, saddles and Indian artifacts.

Restaurants? Don't know if it still exists but the "Magic Time Machine". A fun, fun place.

I would like to visit again.

chrmc

The Scottish Rite Cathedral is very nice and definitely worth seeing. Especially since it's only 10 min from The Alamo

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Scottish Rite building is awesome. I stayed on the Riverwalk a couple of weeks ago and took a horse carriage that took you on a haunted tour...so much fun!

"Over 18 haunted locations all from the comforts of one of our carriages narrated by one of our talented drivers."
http://bluebonnetcarriage.com/downtown.htm

LouisianaMason

Ive been told that in front of the Alamo is a Masonic wall somewhere. I didnt know about it until 2 days after I returned from there.

My Freemasonry HD Pro

dfreybur

Premium Member
Ive been told that in front of the Alamo is a Masonic wall somewhere. I didnt know about it until 2 days after I returned from there.

It's a bronze plaque. There's a frame photo of that plaque at my mother lodge in Pasadena, CA. When we went to see the Alamo I specifically searched for the plaque. Out front very close to the street on the outer wall.

cog41

Premium Member
The Menger Hotel and the Buckhorn museum.
At the Menger you can check out Teddy Roosevelt's rough rider uniform and visit the same bar he conducted " interviews".
Lots of old missions also.

cacarter

Premium Member
Chris Madrid's is a short drive from downtown on Blanco and Hollywood. It's a local favorite for burgers. They have a tostada burger which is a bun with a corn tortilla with beans on it, with a big burger, LOTS of melted cheese, and onions. All the other food there is amazing too.

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
Mission trail is pretty cool to. They are all missions from around and before the Alamo. They are all still in use and open to the public. All you have to do is follow the signs to them all.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using My Freemasonry HD mobile app