My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Understanding

THurse

Premium Member
There has been different opinions of Masonry, that is negative. Some of the sayings are comparing Religion vs Masonry. What I can't understand , is how can we be judged without true understanding?

widows son

Premium Member
If you mean people judging us without truly understanding masonry, then it happens everywhere, and not just with freemasonry. People fear what they don't know and understand, as we have seen in other threads on this forum.

Videre Audire Tacere

That has been my experience as well. Non masons will argue till blue in the face but at the end of the day, we know the mysteries of masonry not the profane. It all boils down to fear of the unknown like my brother said before me. We owe no explanation to anyone. Our venerable fraternity stands by virtue of its own merits.

chrmc

There has been different opinions of Masonry, that is negative. Some of the sayings are comparing Religion vs Masonry. What I can't understand , is how can we be judged without true understanding?

I think I may have written this before, but one of my big credos in life is "Don't argue with idiots. They pull you down to their level and then beat you on experience" and I think that applies here.

I don't mind discussing masonry or masonry/religion with people that are open to learning and debating.
I however utterly refuse to spend any time with someone who's convinced that an organization they are not a part of, is a certain thing because they read it on the interwebz.

THurse

Premium Member
This makes myself stronger . The bond between Brothers, that keeps me proud of being a Mason. Anti Masons, has no idea what they are missing out on.