My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Degree Is Your Tyler?

hanzosbm

Premium Member
I have to disagree.

The tiler should not only be a MM, but he should be a Past Master and someone who has traveled and not just has been active in his own lodge. He needs to be experienced in how to handle the situation if someone unknown to him shows up, but it's even better if he knows a lot of people so they don't have to be tried.
I definitely see your point.

BroBook

Premium Member
Thanks, Doug, I was going to amend my post by stating that the installed Tyler must be an MM, but for the purpose of Opening can be of that specific Degree.
I should have made it clearer at the beginning that I was looking for the phraseology within the ritual; when the JD is asked, "Hw Tld?"
Interesting by a bro of this *

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
I think the Tyler should be a MM. He is the only person protecting the lodge from the those outside. It is a very important task.

Andymac40330

Premium Member
Our tiler is a MM and PM so we get the best of both worlds. I could see many meetings being held on a lower degree and tiled accordingly but also requiring a higher tiler for MM only meetings.