My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does your lodge do?

BullDozer Harrell

I started my Masonic journey at the end of last year, and am set to be raised to MM later this month. I still have what I figure is that new initiate vigor. But I joined so I could get involved in something bigger than myself and to better myself.

I just don't see how someone could go through all of the trouble of joining, progress through all three degrees, and never return. I've been told it happens at my lodge often... guys just want to be a mason in title only? I want to make change.
Excellent! And i hope you can keep your fire stoked.

Probably one big mistake that newcomers make is not examining their own hearts enough before joining the Craft.

What i mean is that beyond saying general things like, i want to become a better man. Also, I want to be a part of something bigger than myself, there's very little deeper reflections on how to make it happen.

In the military, there's a two pronged approach to activities & operations. There's a strategy and usually tactics to assist with achieving the goals of the strategy.

Entering Masonry should be looked as a sort of vision or strategy to change your life for the better. How do you go about making this happen? Do you put everything into the hands of the members who are bringing you in? Or do you take some initiatives upon yourself as well? Do you create tactical movements to be fulfillling and rewarding to yourself as a Mason?

Do you participate in lodge activities, studies, programs, leadership opportunities, etc? Or do you just coast it out on the sidelines waiting for a genie in a bottle to magically come from somewhere?

I hate it when people say that lodges aren't doing enough. What are members doing themselves to add value to their lodge?

What's your membership value self assessment is something i ask alot of Brethren? Why are you a Mason?