My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wise Quotes n phrases

cog41

Premium Member
"gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it."-----Unknown

"faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation."------Andrew Murray

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
We value virtue but do not discuss it. The honest bookkeeper, the faithful
wife, the earnest scholar get little of our attention compared to the
embezzler, the tramp, the cheat.
–John Steinbeck (1902 - 1968)

cog41

Premium Member
"The scriptures are given not to give us knowledge, but to change our lives." _____D.L. Moody

"it is not enough to do God's work, it must be done in His way, and for His credit."_______Erwin Lutzer

David Hill

One of my favorites that keeps me in check when I (often) reach too far into the esoteric:

"stultens numerus est infinitus in haec scientia"
(in this science the number of idiots is infinite)
- Thomas Aquinas on spiritual alchemy

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
The first imperative of nearly all groups is to preserve its existence; after this, extending its reach. If we are very lucky, the actual stated goals of that group are then permitted to come in at a distant third.

Nothing justifies evil more successfully than the popular will.

At one time, it was a mental illness for a slave to spend all his energy on escape. Today, such behavior would be admirable.

There are nearly no atheists in existence. There are many Protestant atheists, Catholic atheists, Jewish atheists, and all other flavors of the sect that do not so much not believe in God but actively reject a specific interpretation of Him.

I have met one atheist in my entire life. He was the only person I have ever met for whom God was so unreal that it wasn't worth that man's time to deny Him. The other "atheists" still believe in God--otherwise they wouldn't spend so much time going out of their way to deny His existence.

I don't spend my time writing multi-page essays about how the Care Bears don't exist outside our imaginations. That's because I actually believe they aren't real.

Dow Mathis

Premium Member
"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Dandy Don Meredith to Howard Cosell during a football game on Monday Night Football when I was a kid.

Last edited:

cog41

Premium Member
"Don't move the fence until you find out why they set it there."___unknown

"nothing ruins the truth like stretching it."_____unknown

cog41

Premium Member
"God's work done God's way will never lack God's supply." _______Hudson Taylor

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." ________D.L.Moody

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1998 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting breast implants.

Betty-White-Starring-in-Hot-In-Cleveland.jpg

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, then when you see what the other fellow has, you wish you had ordered that.

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Foreign Aid: The transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.

Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope.

America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won’t cross the street to vote.

What’s the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale begins “Once upon a time…” A southern fairytale begins “Y’all ain’t gonna believe this shit…”

Evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.

If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of payments.

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.

cog41

Premium Member
You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind........unknown

"As a gardner, I'm among those who believe much of the evidence of God's existence has been planted.".........Robert Brault

cog41

Premium Member
"Many an oppurtunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers."..........Unknown

"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary."..............Vidal Sassoon

cog41

Premium Member
"chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."-----Henry Ford

"As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey."--------Thomas Edison

Chalms

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

- Albert Pike

cog41

Premium Member
"I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis."---Star Trek, Mr. Spock

"I think its time we voted for senators with breast. Afterall, we've been voting for boobs long enough."_____Clarie Sargent, Arizona senatorial candidate

cog41

Premium Member
"Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." ------Mark Twain

"Habit, if not resisted soon becomes necessity." ---St. Augustine

"The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life is the source from which self-respect springs." ---- Joan Didion

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
Mathew 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

promason

That verse of Mattew reminds me of a similar quote from Luke gospel,a gospel I read and adored and which accompanies me always and everywhere