My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Conference of Masonic Regular Loges

Mac

Premium Member
Can anyone share any background on past conferences of this series?

Mac

Premium Member
Exactly the kind of response I was hoping for. Thanks, brother Freyburger!

rebis

Premium Member
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326244.956508.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326272.239294.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326329.622394.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326376.955589.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326399.130337.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326439.772486.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326469.805857.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326489.539949.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326503.289283.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326521.540197.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400326574.089166.jpg

It is an absolute honor and privilege to be here in Bucharest Romania with the world's leaders of our craft.

We will be hosting you in San Francisco California next year.
I certainly hope to see you all there.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

rebis

Premium Member
Please refer to the link above posted by Bro. Doug for additional info on the 2015 conference in CA.

rebis

Premium Member
It is very likely. What's the name of your Grand Master? I could try to find him.
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400356843.472152.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400356872.521269.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400356893.455502.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400356918.671505.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400356938.504336.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400356961.370041.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400356977.688114.jpg

The conclusion will be tomorrow morning in a tiled 3rd degree lodge which will be right here at the palace. It will be the climax of the entire conference!

rebis

Premium Member
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400361910.054619.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400361930.037986.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400361966.305176.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1400361982.955158.jpg

I find it interesting how throughout human history, despots, tyrants and dictators played a crucial role in promoting and financing art and architecture. If we think about it without such despots Leonardo, Michelangelo, Boticelli to name a few would never have been discovered...or perhaps they would've.

Just a thought...

I'll post additional pictures tomorrow.
We'll all be in full regalia.

Cheers!

rebis

Premium Member
A most magnificent and memorable event. The Grand Lodge of Romania was a superb host.
Bravo!

BroBook

Premium Member
Where any PHA masons in attendance ?

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

rebis

Premium Member
During the communication, the MWM of Romania and the Grand secretary expressed disappointment that there were no PHA grand lodges in attendance and expressed a sincere hope that it would one day change.
I do believe that invitations were extended.

I do not know much about the subject, but I would look into it and confirm with the office of the grand secretary.

From what I heard at the conference, I am inclined to think that some PHA Grand Lodges are considered regular.

Cheers

dfreybur

Premium Member
During the communication, the MWM of Romania and the Grand secretary expressed disappointment that there were no PHA grand lodges in attendance and expressed a sincere hope that it would one day change. I do believe that invitations were extended

The meeting next year is in San Francisco. In California (and a lot of other states) the two grand lines have been attending each others grand lodge meetings for years. I expect at least WMPHAGLofCA to attend.

From what I heard at the conference, I am inclined to think that some PHA Grand Lodges are considered regular.

Here is the list of regular PHA jurisdictions in the US http://www.conferenceofgrandmasterspha.org/gjlinks.asp

All are regular. Not all have local recognition yet.

marty15chris

Premium Member
It is great to see such a meeting in a country that at one point (according to a Brother from Romania that I served with) had outlawed the fraternity. In fact this brother has a interesting story about how he became a MM without his father's knowledge only to find out his father was a MM afterwards. Such contacts were just not talked about openly at one point in recent history.

rebis

Premium Member
Freemasonery in Romania started in 1993. It was outlawed and punishable by the previous communist regime.

They came a very long way in a very short period if time...and now brilliantly hosted the world conference! The most grandiose and most magnificent the world has ever seen...even more impressive than that in England (according to my GM who attends every year).

They thirst for and love masonry over there. Romania now has the greatest concentration of masons in the entire region and definitely up there with England.

What is interesting is that it happened in a region where both the church and government denounced it.

People risked a lot to bring it back.

A great example of what our fraternity means to the world.

Yes brothers, masonry is needed and wanted even to this day...even now with all the sensory stimulation devices available and despite the influx of materialism and consumption the profane world provides...freemasonry is sought out now more than ever.

Let us not disappoint our new initiates!

rebis

Premium Member
Before the revolution, freemasonry in Romania was very secret for fear of persecution. In fact it was very unusual to see that even today masons there do not wear any identifying marks or jewelry. In fact they don't even have lodges as we do here, they hold lodge meetings often underground rented spaces.
There are no buildings on Main Street with square and compasses as we have here.
Though the persecution is now over, the fear of it still has remained somewhat embedded in their consciousness.

I noticed also that most European masons do not wear rings.