Your Behavior

Discussion in 'Masonic Education' started by My Freemasonry, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Masonic behavior is a subject, if taken into the Lodge for debate, could take up a lot of time. Behavior changes with attitude and the ever shifting social structure.

In the old charges behavior was divided into six sections:

1. Behavior in Lodge.

2. Behavior after Lodge with members who did not attend.

3. Behavior when brethren meet outside the Lodge.

4. Behavior in the presence of non-members.

5. Behavior at home and in your neighborhood.

6. Behavior toward a strange brother.

Behavior is generally affected by two means:

1. By those around you.

2. By age.

Normally, we are respectful of the people around us, more now than when we were younger. We also have much more tolerance, mainly because of those who tolerated and respected us.

Our behavior is a reflection of who we are and as a Mason this image either improves or taints our institution. To be a considerate member of the Lodge and to our brethren is easy. To be a person of integrity to strange brothers, non-members, and even those who would seek to discredit the fraternity, is the most important act of brotherly love one could do for his Lodge and its members.

A Lodge is only as good as its worse member, therefore strive to be a better person.

Source: William R. Fischer

mas3719, Rinesh Hegde and acjohnson53 like this.
  2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

The above is a good summary

Our Constitutions were rewritten in about 2014. We retained these being "THE CHARGES OF A FREEMASON" so they don't seem so "old" to me. They are the second item in our Const - the first being a summary of them to be read to the WME on the night, and before, he is installed in the East.

Here they are http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/history/anderson/charges.html

Travelling Man91 and acjohnson53 like this.
  3. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

How is your Masonic behavior?????
    When I'm in open Lodge, my eyes and ears are in the East, I don't wanna miss nothing. If I have questions I'll ask them. If I have issues or concerns I'll share it with the Lodge. Outside the Lodge I represent respectfully. Very proud of who I am and who I represent...

Bloke and Randy81 like this.
  4. BroBook

BroBook Premium Member

Just keep it real, the just shall live by faith. Be cautious not sacred !!!

acjohnson53 likes this.
  5. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Very Good!

Share My Freemasonry