My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Ring

Gibson90kb

Inexpensive, subtle, and reminds me to keep square.
ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1377745952.424344.jpg

Freemason Connect HD

txtraveller

This one was my Fathers first and I also have my Grandfathers ring, the band worn thin. I wear mine with the Square and Compass facing me as a constant reminder.

Freemason Connect HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1377899247.984765.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1377899247.984765.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 455

Chillimaru

I hav a ?, is there a certain way the emblem is to worn or is it just my personal choice on which way the S&C are pointed, I'm only a month into being a Master Mason and I don't want to get called out on the way I wear my ring!!!!

Freemason Connect HD

crono782

Premium Member
I hav a ?, is there a certain way the emblem is to worn or is it just my personal choice on which way the S&C are pointed, I'm only a month into being a Master Mason and I don't want to get called out on the way I wear my ring!!!!]

You'll get many different answers to that question. It really boils down to just choice though.

Freemason Connect HD

FlBrother324

I hav a ?, is there a certain way the emblem is to worn or is it just my personal choice on which way the S&C are pointed, I'm only a month into being a Master Mason and I don't want to get called out on the way I wear my ring!!!!

Freemason Connect HD

Some say you have the S&C facing you: which is to remind you of your obligations. Others say facing away to let others know you are sharing the "Light" with them, and to show them you are a Mason and an upright person of Honor & integrity.
I've not found one regulation governing how one should wear your ring, except you are to be a Master Mason to wear it. But alas, that is the guidelines set forth for us as Masons, which will not stop other non-masons (not worthy of such honor) from wearing them.
I suggest you do what makes you feel best regarding how it' s worn.

May you be blessed with a glorious day!

Yours, in His service.

Last edited:

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
This is my everyday ring for now it is stainless steel.

Cant seem to get pic to upload

I am now using it for my Avitar

Attachments

• Ring sm.jpg
    Ring sm.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The direction of the ring as I learned it was to hold your hands in the MM way and imagine the S&C the way it was on the altar. When you are Installed in the East, you can turn it, as that is the only place in the Lodge you see the S&C from the other side.

Chillimaru

ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1378136755.211654.jpg I found this inexpensive ring for everyday wear until I make up my mind on what all I want on my custom ring, as I plan on going Scottish and York Rite as well and I don't want individual rings but one that will represent all 3!!!! This one was only $29

Freemason Connect HD

Chillimaru

Anyways it is just a black stainless steel band with a gold print of S$C's, perfect for everyday use!!!

Freemason Connect HD

dfreybur

Premium Member
... is there a certain way the emblem is to worn or is it just my personal choice on which way the S&C are pointed ...

Ask around if there is a local rule or tradition about it. If so go with that. Any local rule will override advice by brothers across the world.

My mother jurisdiction has no rule so I asked if there was a local tradition. None. I asked around about non-local traditions and picked one I liked -

Put your hand flat out on a table. Picture the S&C as your hand was on it the most recent time as an MM. If the most recent time was taking your obligation it faced one direction. If the most recent time was giving an obligation it faced the other direction. I wore my MM ring one way until I had obligated my first brother then the other way until I got my first PM ring.

whittybarber

Iv always been told by the older brothers if you wear the s&c facing you it means your working on being a better mason. Iv had my ring on and Iv had masons come up and ask me if I was doing ok. They noticed my ring. I replied I'm always working on being a better mason!

Freemason Connect HD

Chillimaru

I tried both ways, taking a pic and then trying to upload from my pics, but through out this app I'm seeing pics not uploading so maybe it's not just me!!!

Freemason Connect HD