My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Annual Communication Resolutions Disscussion

owls84

Premium Member
Their report is due after lunch about 2:00 so we will have to see. I am intrested in that as well.

Did you see how much money the Square and Compass Holdings Inc. has? This is from property that is owned by the GLoTx. And we say the GL is not in the real estate business.

owls84

Premium Member
Well they presented the report just before lunch. The Prince Hall issues WAS brought up. It will be voted on next year.

Everyone don't forget to check into the MasonsofTexas.com Exclusive Results Thread.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Brother Bill you did more than you can imagine for this craft today! Cheers My Brother Cheers!

M Boyd Patterson gave me goose bumps with the intensity of his oration in support of this resolution.

p.s. I am curious to know what counsel Brother Glassgow whispered to you!

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
The Grand West would have nothing to do with lessening the memory work. Many speaches where given in favor for the resolutin and where met with great applause, some standing. Our Grand Lodge will in no time soon do away with memory work in regards to the Q&A. :) It was neat to learn we have the most amount of memory work for a candidate to memorize in the WORLD! We do everything bigger in Texas!
I feel as well in 1 year and about 3 days I/any Texas Mason will be able to sit in a PH Lodge!

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
PGM Reece Harrison was masterful in his presentation of the asking for full recognition from the Grand Lodge formed in Brazoria county from the Grand Lodge formed in Harris County, wink wink. ;)

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I was not sure if it had been posted that Jerry Martin was elected to the Grand South. Congrats RW Jerry Martin.

By the way the other GRand Lodge formed in Texas was not in Brazoria COunty but Brenham County. Sorry my Brethren.

I also heard there was great discussion about the cable tow with a few 148 boys, Bill Linns and JTM.. ! I so wish I was there Brother JT, I will not miss ya next year my bro.

Bro Mike

We seem to be all over the place, so I'll post the Cliff-notes version here.

Grand Master's resolution was Adopted

Jerry L Martin was elected to the Grand South

Holdover 18 from 2009 (lowering number on Board of Directors of Home & School) Adopted

1 (shortening EA turn in) Not Adopted
2 (codebook) Not Considered
3 (per capita on endowed members) Tabled
4 (Publication of candidate names) Withdrawn
5 (Rangers Foundation) Adopted
6 (Canvassing) Adopted with amendment to wording
7 (Qualification of WM) Not Adopted
8 (Exemption of Per Capita) Withdrawn
9 (Change of "Lodge" to "Degree") Withdrawn
10 (Holy Bible as only VSL) Withdrawn
11 (Faith/Creed/Race) Adopted
12 (Covering in Lodge) Adopted
13 (Golden Trowel) Not Adopted
14 (Social Security #) Adopted after paper ballot
15 (Repeal of Endowed Membership) Withdrawn
16 (Per Capita on Plural Memberships) Not Adopted
17 (Removal of "divine auth. of the Holy Scriptures") Withdrawn
18 (Adding non Masonic activities to Statement of Availability) Amended, then Adopted
19 (Member Adding to Endowment) Not Adopted
20 (Change to Cornerstone Ceremony)Adopted
21 (Voting by Lodges and Members) Withdrawn
22 (Voting by Lodges and Members) Not Considered
23 (Trustee appointments) Adopted

This is what I have from my notes. Corrections brothers?

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
GM Res No 1 - Passed
Holdover No 18 - Passed
No 1 - Not passed
No 2 - Not passed
No 3 - Tabled
No 4 - Withdrawn
No 5 - Passed
No 6 - Passed as Amended
No 7 - Not passed
No 8 - Withdrawn
No 9 - Withdrawn
No 10 - Withdrawn
No 11 - Passed
No 12 - Passed
No 13 - Not passed
No 14 - Passed
No 15 - Not considered
No 16 - Not passed
No 17 - Withdrawn
No 18 - Passed as Amended
No 19 - Not passed
No 20 - Passed
No 21 - Withdrawn
No 22 - Not considered
No 23 - Not passed

Also the charter for Panhandle Lodge was Revoked

Those are the results according to my notes. Please if anyone has any corrections and/or additions, please do so.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I am curious to know what counsel Brother Glasgow whispered to you!

He could tell that I was a little bit nervous, so he advised me to just imagine that the audience was sitting out there wearing nothing but their underwear. Then I really got nervous! :wink:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I was not sure if it had been posted that Jerry Martin was elected to the Grand South. Congrats RW Jerry Martin.

By the way the other GRand Lodge formed in Texas was not in Brazoria COunty but Brenham County. Sorry my Brethren.

I also heard there was great discussion about the cable tow with a few 148 boys, Bill Linns and JTM.. ! I so wish I was there Brother JT, I will not miss ya next year my bro.

I'm a member of 149 now, btw, and there were 5 of us there that night.

Ashton Lawson (P&V)
Owls
Bill Lins
TeamF07
Daveinwaco
ScottyB
Several others.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
He could tell that I was a little bit nervous, so he advised me to just imagine that the audience was sitting out there wearing nothing but their underwear. Then I really got nervous! :wink:

If it had gotten another degree hotter in the balcony, there would have been one brother in his underwear!

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
we need to come up with a MoT order/degree for the balcony at crickets.