My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Humbling Experience

aw3552

Site Benefactor
Tonight (29 Aug), I was raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason. It was one of the most humbling experiences I have ever taken part in. The amount of Brothers who took time out of their busy lives to attend something for me really left me speechless. The story of the Degree was so much to take in! What did anyone here get out of their experiences?

Bloke

Premium Member
Tonight (29 Aug), I was raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason. It was one of the most humbling experiences I have ever taken part in. The amount of Brothers who took time out of their busy lives to attend something for me really left me speechless. The story of the Degree was so much to take in! What did anyone here get out of their experiences?

*like*

Not too many replies though.... one thing we all got was the title MM LOL... i guess part of the reason its pretty personal.

The work that goes into presenting any degree well though is always impressive..

SimonM

For me it was a really intense and important event in my life, but I find it hard to describe it better than that without beeing too explicit - this is a public forum after all. :)

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Congratulations

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1461354790580.jpg
    FB_IMG_1461354790580.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 272

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
First off, congratulations Brother. What I took away from my own MM degree was confusion, lol. I understood some of it but not most. I really got a grasp on it by watching it from the sidelines a few times. However, I do agree with you as it was a very moving experience.

JMartinez

Welcome Bro

aw3552

Site Benefactor
First off, congratulations Brother. What I took away from my own MM degree was confusion, lol. I understood some of it but not most. I really got a grasp on it by watching it from the sidelines a few times. However, I do agree with you as it was a very moving experience.
My lodge did another raising last night, and I definitely got more watching, too.

Brother H

I was raised in April this year, Then I had to go back to Qatar and Dubai were I work, so didn't have too much to experience among my Lodge and Brethren.
However, in July I was on my vacation with my wife and kids especially for the Baptism of my son, so being in New York we visited our Grand Lodge of New York.
I was asking at the reception if there is any way I can have the pin of the new Grand Master. They said: "we really regret to tell you that it is given only by him".
One gentleman listening to the discussion asked me for a minute.
He asked me from which Lodge I come from, so I introduced myself.
Then he told me: "you are my Brother, traveling from overseas, I will give you my pin that I received from the Grand Master".
And indeed, he removed it from his shirt, gave it to me, shakes my hand, and wished me a safe trip...
My wife and I were really surprised. She asked me: "what is this beautiful sacred bond that made him help you and he doesn't even know you?".
It's Real Brotherhood of Men, under the Fatherhood of God.
That's the Harmony that groups us all to practice our ritual in every corner of the world.
Really proud of being a MM.
Fraternally,

Lebanon Lodge #10,
District Grand Lodge of Syria-Lebanon
Under the Jurisdiction of
The Grand Lodge of the F&AM of
The State Of New York

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I was raised in April this year, Then I had to go back to Qatar and Dubai were I work, so didn't have too much to experience among my Lodge and Brethren.
However, in July I was on my vacation with my wife and kids especially for the Baptism of my son, so being in New York we visited our Grand Lodge of New York.
I was asking at the reception if there is any way I can have the pin of the new Grand Master. They said: "we really regret to tell you that it is given only by him".
One gentleman listening to the discussion asked me for a minute.
He asked me from which Lodge I come from, so I introduced myself.
Then he told me: "you are my Brother, traveling from overseas, I will give you my pin that I received from the Grand Master".
And indeed, he removed it from his shirt, gave it to me, shakes my hand, and wished me a safe trip...
My wife and I were really surprised. She asked me: "what is this beautiful sacred bond that made him help you and he doesn't even know you?".
It's Real Brotherhood of Men, under the Fatherhood of God.
That's the Harmony that groups us all to practice our ritual in every corner of the world.
Really proud of being a MM.
Fraternally,

Lebanon Lodge #10,
District Grand Lodge of Syria-Lebanon
Under the Jurisdiction of
The Grand Lodge of the F&AM of
The State Of New York

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro
Great story, really nice!