My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albania?

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Okay, I give up. What can this group tell me about Albania? Does it have a recognized GL.

I found this:

https://grandlodge-albania.org/

But I'm left in the dark if it is recognized in general. I don't see UGLE, GLS, or GLI in it;s list. I see a handful of GLs all over the place.

(Yeah, I even looked on here, but nothing!

What say y'all? Verdict?

mvantuyl

Premium Member
Poking around the bowels of the Internet I found this: https://masonic-forum.com/index.php?/topic/1875-ugle-recognition-withdrawn-from-gl-of-albania/

At Quarterly Communications on Wednesday Grand Lodge resolved to temporarily suspend relations, as below
The Grand Lodge of Albania
The Grand Lodge of Albania was formed in 2011 and recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England in 2013. In 2014 the Grand Master of Albania consecrated a Lodge in Kosovo, an action regarded by other Grand Lodges in the area as unwarranted and an invasion of territory within the Masonic sphere of the Regular Grand Lodge of Serbia.
At a meeting of European Grand Masters in Belgrade in June 2015, an agreement was drawn up and signed by the Grand Master of Albania that, inter alia, the Lodge in Kosovo would be withdrawn to Albania and he would enter into discussions with the Grand Master of Serbia as to the future development of Freemasonry in Kosovo. Since the signing of that agreement Albania has consecrated a further two Lodges in Kosovo.
The Board considered that it would be in the best interests of the Grand Lodge for it to suspend relations with the Grand Lodge of Albania while further enquiries are made into the situation and consideration is given to any necessary further action.
A Resolution to this effect was approved.

Haven't found anything more recent. In any event, it's an interesting question.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
You laugh, but in all seriousness, this forum has an extremely supportive group of Masons that engage when challenged.

We collectively provide some unbelievably solid Light to those who seek it, and we provide appropriate responses to the riffraff that visits occasionally.

I know I can ask a question here and get solid responses, accompanied too by the occasional appreciated ribbing ;-)

Thanks again!

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
The situation has not been resolved. Indeed, a clandestine GL has been set up in Kosovo. Turkey has set up a lodge in Albania.

It would be a mess.

UGLE departed from their usual practice with Albania in waiting ten years to recognize a new GL.

And got burned for doing so.

Poking around the bowels of the Internet I found this: https://masonic-forum.com/index.php?/topic/1875-ugle-recognition-withdrawn-from-gl-of-albania/

At Quarterly Communications on Wednesday Grand Lodge resolved to temporarily suspend relations, as below
The Grand Lodge of Albania
The Grand Lodge of Albania was formed in 2011 and recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England in 2013. In 2014 the Grand Master of Albania consecrated a Lodge in Kosovo, an action regarded by other Grand Lodges in the area as unwarranted and an invasion of territory within the Masonic sphere of the Regular Grand Lodge of Serbia.
At a meeting of European Grand Masters in Belgrade in June 2015, an agreement was drawn up and signed by the Grand Master of Albania that, inter alia, the Lodge in Kosovo would be withdrawn to Albania and he would enter into discussions with the Grand Master of Serbia as to the future development of Freemasonry in Kosovo. Since the signing of that agreement Albania has consecrated a further two Lodges in Kosovo.
The Board considered that it would be in the best interests of the Grand Lodge for it to suspend relations with the Grand Lodge of Albania while further enquiries are made into the situation and consideration is given to any necessary further action.
A Resolution to this effect was approved.

Haven't found anything more recent. In any event, it's an interesting question.

MarkR

Premium Member
The Grand Lodge of Albania still appears on the Grand Lodge of Minnesota list of recognized GLs.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
The Grand Lodge of Albania still appears on the Grand Lodge of Minnesota list of recognized GLs.
Few of the US GLs took action. Utah has adopted a policy similar to that of the Home GLs of of waiting for a period of years after founding of a new GL before according recognition. Consequently, we can avoid issues in adjusting our relationship with Albania, the.country of Georgia x 2, Lebanon...

Izat

Greetings, my name is Izat and I am 25 years old. I want to know how I can become a member of freemasonry in Malaysia because I have been in contact with DGLEA in Malaysia via email but they still have not responded to me and it has been over a year since I have been waiting for an email reply. from them, can the members of freemasonry here whom I respect fully help me with this problem.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Greetings, my name is Izat and I am 25 years old. I want to know how I can become a member of freemasonry in Malaysia because I have been in contact with DGLEA in Malaysia via email but they still have not responded to me and it has been over a year since I have been waiting for an email reply. from them, can the members of freemasonry here whom I respect fully help me with this problem.
Greetings!

Please...

1) Use the search engine for this site to review what has ALREADY been posted about your query.
2) Don;t make the forum members do the work for you before you have exhausted your own efforts.
3) Don't hijack any thread that has NOTHING to do with the jurisdiction your are asking about.
4) Once you have taken the time to familiarize yourself with what has ALREADY been shared, ask anything that has not ALREADY been answered.

Thank you in advance!

mvantuyl

Premium Member
You asked the same question in another (hijacked) thread on January 9th of this year. Your question was answered in that thread. As coachn said, searching the forum will yield the answer you're seeking.

Izat

Greetings!

Please...

1) Use the search engine for this site to review what has ALREADY been posted about your query.
2) Don;t make the forum members do the work for you before you have exhausted your own efforts.
3) Don't hijack any thread that has NOTHING to do with the jurisdiction your are asking about.
4) Once you have taken the time to familiarize yourself with what has ALREADY been shared, ask anything that has not ALREADY been answered.

Thank you in advance!
thank you sir coachn and I will search the forum to get the answer that I am looking for

Izat

You asked the same question in another (hijacked) thread on January 9th of this year. Your question was answered in that thread. As coachn said, searching the forum will yield the answer you're seeking.
thank you sir mvantuyl I will search the forum to get the answer that I am looking for