An Examination of the Early Masonic Catechisms

Discussion in 'Recommended Reading' started by hanzosbm, Mar 17, 2016.

1. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

Greetings all,

I found a pdf of this book online today and would really like to own a copy, however, the only physical copies I'm able to locate are on Amazon for like $700, which is just ridiculous. If need be, I'll just print off the pdf, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a printed source for this book at a reasonable price.

2. Classical

Classical Premium Member

3. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

4. Classical

Classical Premium Member

Wow, thanks! So what you're saying is that collectors of Masonic books need to be wealthy enough to not balk at a $700 price tag for ONE book? ;)

5. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

Ha! Apparently. Or just need to know where to find them. For instance, Albert Pike's Esoterika is listed for a similar price on Amazon...or you can get it from the Scottish Rite for a fraction of that. So, I'm hoping that somewhere has this one cheaper, because there's no way I'm shelling out that kind of money.

Classical likes this.
  6. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

You should see the price of some of my heraldry books.

Classical likes this.
  7. CHodapp

CHodapp Registered User

It's an excellent research book, if you are really interested in the earliest forms of the ritual, but not for $700. I think it was first published by QC Research Lodge (too lazy to get up and hunt it down).

Check AbeBooks regularly. They currently have a paperback Kessinger reprint (which I suspect violated copyright at the time it was printed) in the mid $300's, and a hardback for $475. Also, put in an extended search reminder on Ebay. I got one about 5 years ago for $85.

8. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

As people say it's an excellent book. You can also find a number of these on archive.org

9. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

Thank you both, I'll check out both of these. Another option I'm considering: a brother here knows of a company that will bind individual copies of books from a PDF quite cheaply. I'd rather not do that if I don't have to, but if it's hundreds of dollars or that...

10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Thanks for the link Bro. Hanzosbm. I down loaded it myself.

Share My Freemasonry