Austin York Rite

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by Blake Bowden, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

This weekend I attended the York Rite Festival in Austin and wow...what a great experience! I can't WAIT for the Commandery!

2. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That is wonderful news indeed Companion!! I am glad to see that you completed your Cryptic Degrees, and I know that you are looking forward to the Commandry Orders. Hopefully I will see you at the upcomming Super Excellent Masters degree this spring!!

3. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

Hail Companion! Yeah, you are going to like Commandery degrees. Is your local Commandery conferring the orders or are you going to another festival?

I went a festival, but my guess is that its 10 times more meaningful in a smaller group.

4. David Melear

David Melear Right Eminent Grand Commander Premium Member

Blake,
    I am glad you enjoyed the degrees, I think you will love the Commandery Orders, I wish I could be there to see you take them. I can hardly wait to see your post on the Orders.

5. Blake Bowden

Bro. Ken (kg_hart) and I finally finished up our Commandery Degrees in Austin and it was amazing!!! The Brethren did a wonderful job and the degree work was excellent.

It's amazing how different the YR and SR are. It's hard to compare the two as each offers additional light in their own unique way, however since I'm a Christian I found the York Rite more meaningful and intimate. Both are wonderful bodies to belong to and I encourage anyone seeking more light to please check them out.

6. js4253

js4253 Premium Member Premium Member

Well Blake, you are now one of those High Level Masons that the anti-masons always talk about. Now you know ALL the secrets. How does that feel?

7. Blake Bowden

Speaking of anti-Masons or the religious fanatics who rally against Freemasonry. Just once I would like for them to see a Bible Presentation or experience the various York Rite degrees. Maybe they would realize that we are simple men trying to do good and improve ourselves vs. world dominating satanic blood drinkers.

8. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

Congratulations!

9. David Melear

David Melear Right Eminent Grand Commander Premium Member

I am very glad you enjoyed the the Commandery degrees, I wanted to attend, but I was in Dallas for a Scottish Rite program.

10. Blake Bowden

No problemo, I'm just thankful to be part of this Masonic body. Great stuff!

11. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Congratulations! But don't be dissin' us "world dominating satanic blood drinkers"! :33:

12. LRG

LRG Premium Member

ahha, now I know what we really do:22:

13. Joey

Joey Co-Founder Staff Member

Congrats Sir Knight Blake :001_cool: I knew you would enjoy the YR degrees.
    I hope you all are able to attend the Chapter, Council & Commandery meetings as often as possible.

Share My Freemasonry